Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
A healthy stock cp3 can do around 600 give or take. A sportsman usually low 6s maybe 650. MOST cp4s tap out around 500 to 540s. Sportsman will fuel all the way to 4500 rpms where the stock cp3s fall off at 3000. Ive yet to hear about or see proof of a redesigned cp3 that wont fail. 11 through 16s all have failed. So if they did redesign it they didnt do too well.

Registered
I had my cp4 fail and the gm mechanic told me there is a updated shaft in the new cp4s. I鈥檓 still changing it out for a 10mm cp3.

Registered
I鈥檓 also interested in the y bridge being worth it. I鈥檓 putting a Stealth 67.7 on mine and hope it worth it.

Registered
I鈥檓 also interested in the y bridge being worth it. I鈥檓 putting a Stealth 67.7 on mine and hope it worth it.
If you're doing a Stealth 67 & 10mm CP3 I would look into the piping kit. If you don't have already you will need to face the fact that you are on borrowed time with your trans and have the funds to put a new one in cause it won't be long. I'm in that situation now. I'm running a S366 with a 10mm CP3 and at heavy throttle my trans is trash. Waiting to get married in May then funds open back up for some goodies hehe

Registered
I had my cp4 fail and the gm mechanic told me there is a updated shaft in the new cp4s. I鈥檓 still changing it out for a 10mm cp3.
Ive heard that as well but have not seen it anywhere in print from a source with enough credibility to believe it. Not saying its not true, just saying that i disbelieve every word that comes out of a GM service managers mouth. It would be nice to get a tech builtin or something from GM, or a blurb from Bosch

Registered
I鈥檓 doing the limitless diy and a 1078 at the same time. Excited to see how it all turns out!

Registered
The tech that told me about the update is helping me do the conversion on the side. I trust the guy but no paperwork to prove it.

Premium Member
I鈥檓 doing the limitless diy and a 1078 at the same time. Excited to see how it all turns out!
I've been wanting to get the diy kit from Evan also but just hadn't got brave enough. Let us know how it goes if you don't mind.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Registered
I've been wanting to get the diy kit from Evan also but just hadn't got brave enough. Let us know how it goes if you don't mind.

I called Evan not long ago about his trans and converter options and he was tryin to sell me his DIY kit and a converter. I told him I didn't feel comfortable diving into an Allison trans and he was adamant that it wasn't that bad and i could do it. Glad someone else believes in me building an Allison because i sure as hell don't. Keep us updated on the install, better yet seems like a great opportunity for a detailed install thread on his kits

Premium Member
I called Evan not long ago about his trans and converter options and he was tryin to sell me his DIY kit and a converter. I told him I didn't feel comfortable diving into an Allison trans and he was adamant that it wasn't that bad and i could do it. Glad someone else believes in me building an Allison because i sure as hell don't. Keep us updated on the install, better yet seems like a great opportunity for a detailed install thread on his kits
Yeah I've heard he tells people it's not that bad lol but seems like it'd be harder than a cp3 conversion or turbo install.

Registered
Yeah I've heard he tells people it's not that bad lol but seems like it'd be harder than a cp3 conversion or turbo install.

I just went on his website and priced out what im looking to do which is a converter, DIY kit, billet C2, P2, modded P1 Sun gear, flex plate & billet input shaft. The total i got sending my converter in first for no core is $6582. The same trans with internals from Suncoast minus the core charge (i would drive there/ 8hr ride) is $6995. Unless I'm not seeing something i just don't see the real benefit of doing it yourself unless you have knowledge in the Allison trans which i do not.

Premium Member
I just went on his website and priced out what im looking to do which is a converter, DIY kit, billet C2, P2, modded P1 Sun gear, flex plate & billet input shaft. The total i got sending my converter in first for no core is $6582. The same trans with internals from Suncoast minus the core charge (i would drive there/ 8hr ride) is $6995. Unless I'm not seeing something i just don't see the real benefit of doing it yourself unless you have knowledge in the Allison trans which i do not.
That may be true but I feel like you might be getting a little better built trans with a few extra things done that might make it shift/feel better from limitless. I dunno though

Registered
That may be true but I feel like you might be getting a little better built trans with a few extra things done that might make it shift/feel better from limitless. I dunno though

I know Evan & Suncoast designed some converters together so i would imagine they would share the same knowledge about the trans. Evan seems to know his stuff so there may be some small things he keeps to himself to make his stand out from the rest. Who knows tho. I did see where he is moving down to Louisiana to partner with some people so hell I may just drive there when the time comes.

Registered
I texted with him today. He recommended just a diy kit and torque converter and maybe a pump at mid to high 600鈥檚. Should save 1400$. Worth it to me. His confidence gives me confidence lol.

Registered
I texted with him today. He recommended just a diy kit and torque converter and maybe a pump at mid to high 600鈥檚. Should save 1400$. Worth it to me. His confidence gives me confidence lol.
Ha i hear ya. You plan on doing bigger injectors?

Registered
No funds don鈥檛 allow injectors. I would love to do 60鈥檚 to keep my motor healthy. I have a new fuel system so I鈥檓 hoping it鈥檒l hold up 650-680 go for awhile.

Registered
No funds don鈥檛 allow injectors. I would love to do 60鈥檚 to keep my motor healthy. I have a new fuel system so I鈥檓 hoping it鈥檒l hold up 650-680 go for awhile.
Since they're newer injectors you could send yours off and get 60s for around 2k. That's what I'm hoping to do with mine when the time comes. I got around 27k on my stockers. Hopin if i send them off they'll still be able to be modified.

Registered
It鈥檚 hard to spend another 2 on top of 10. The pulse width of stock injectors has me a little worried at 680hp level. It is what it is at this point. Sorry for the hijack. I鈥檒l be doing the y bridge kit and driver side intercool pipe. To much stuff changing to know if it was worth it or not. Would it be better to do injectors or y bridge kit?

Registered
Ehhhh I would say the Y bridge kit is going to be fairly important at that power level so you don't risk grenading the cold side pipe and blowin some boots on the hot side with that larger charger. Currently my max effort tune is 2200us which isnt terrible. It is a nice feeling knowing you can make more power on "safer" tuning tho with larger injectors. My plan is to do 100s and trans after i get married. Gonna go with 100s cause IDK what in the hell ill be content with. Was told tuning the 100s for my 66 wouldnt be a problem. Saw a vid of a truck running the stealth 67 with 100s & 10mm CP3 and it ran pretty good. Link below

21 - 40 of 48 Posts