Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea it’s that whole enough power thing. More is how much i want. 100’s would be cool and not a bad idea to have room to grow. Ideally I would put them in while I have it torn apart. How big of a project is putting a set in?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yea it’s that whole enough power thing. More is how much i want. 100’s would be cool and not a bad idea to have room to grow. Ideally I would put them in while I have it torn apart. How big of a project is putting a set in?
It would be ideal to do the injectors when you're doing the piping since it would have to come out anywyas. I have never done injectors myself so i can not comment on how big of a project it is based off experience, but it looks like once you have all the piping out of the way and harnesses the passenger side doesn't look too bad. If i remember right the driver side is the tougher side of the 2. Maybe @SilverGorillaLML can chime in on injector install.

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
If you can change spark plugs you can do injectors. Its not that bad, just time consuming.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I’ve never done a build post. I’ll take some pictures and let you guys know how it goes.
Well I was looking back on some older threads and came across this one again. Have you built your transmission yet?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not yet. Waiting on torque converter and I still have a couple weeks for my Wehrli parts to to come in. Wanna do it all at once.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Off topic of the thread but i have another question. Where is everyone getting their tunes from via efi live? My cousin has called a few of the more "known" tuners for these lml's (and duramax powered trucks in general) and everyone has quoted him a ridiculous amount. I have access to a v2, so he doesn't need to also buy an autocal. All he needs is the vin license, dsp5 switch, and the ecm tunes. I also advised him and getting tcm tunes as well but some didn't even offer it? Feel free to message me with your suggestions and insight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I was looking back on some older threads and came across this one again. Have you built your transmission yet?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
I finished it all up a couple weeks ago. Limitless diy kit and 1078 torque converter. I would recommend the astg manual as a good reference. I only struggled with the bearings going in the right spot but for the most part it’s pretty self explanatory. I only have a couple hundred miles on it but so far so good.

·
Registered
868 Posts
That's awesome glad to hear it went well. Looks like Evan with limitless has teamed up with Kory at PPEI & Josh at core automotive in Louisiana to create elevated ingenuity. All their builds come with a lifetime warranty and $500 transferable if the new owner wants it. May make the drive when the time comes.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts