Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WD Hitch toyhauler question

Hey guys. I have a 2014 2500HD CCSB 4x4 lifted with 35" tires. I have been towing my 7x12 enclosed V-Nose TA #7k without knowing it's behind me. Towing it without any WD or sway control and it is steady and tracks perfectly.

I am looking to upgrade to a used 2006 Keystone Hornet Hideout 29' toyhauler TT. The trailer has a max GVWR of 11300 and I shouldn't get near it towing the MX bikes.
I have scoured the internet and am looking at the Equalizer 12000 or 14000 to couple with my OEM hitch.
Any input on the hitch or information on the trailer appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Imho, for the shank, ball, and the WD hitch head go excess, then get distribution bars for your application. That way next time you upgrade :stickpoke trailers you'll have everything you need and still only have to upgrade bars :thumb

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have had the equalizer 10000 going on 15 years. I haul a 8-9k TT. The hitch has always performed great with minimal sway and bouncing. I really like the connect/disconnect procedures, especially when you have a power jack on the trailer. Minimal maintenance. I also run airbags on the rear axle.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So with the mfg. claimed max GVWR should I be confident ordering the 12000lb bars?
If I went with the 14000, what effect would it have?
Sorry, total newbie with heavier towing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.