Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Whoa been away for a few days and BAM! New site absolutely sucks for me, too hard to navigate and no active topics and no option to go back to the previous view. No thanks, this may be my last post so much for paying for something and being satisfied.
Actually, once you spend some time exploring, it's easier to Nav....just a bunch of different terms, new names, new tabs, Active is now Popular tab under the NEW icon. Pages no longer have to reload when you post, just instantly adds your input.

Finally! Wheels on!
Only thing I鈥檝e noticed is the icon on Tapatalk is different. If not for someone posting about it I wouldn鈥檛 have known there was a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
It appears that threads subscribed to prior to the "new" board no longer send update emails.

Prior to board update, I would routinely receive 12 to 15 update emails daily. Since board changeover, the only updates that I receive are from threads that I have subscribed to on the "new" board.

Still don't care for the new board and now believe that this changeover will eventually kill board participation and the forum in general.

Registered
It appears that threads subscribed to prior to the "new" board no longer send update emails.

Prior to board update, I would routinely receive 12 to 15 update emails daily. Since board changeover, the only updates that I receive are from threads that I have subscribed to on the "new" board.
Yup

Registered
This reminds me of when I switched to a MacBook - couldn't stand it, almost through it through a wall. Now I couldn't go back to Windows. Two things really bother me on here now. Threads with new or unread posts used come up with bold font. And once in thread, I used to be able to quickly scroll down to unread post (highlighted or flagged - can't even remember now!). Both made it real easy to kind of get back to where you were, especially when looking for something specific.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Yes, definitely need some highlighting to show unread posts in threads.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #87
In the NEW tab, all posts are (by default) new unread posts. On the Popular tab (Active Topics) bold titles include new unread posts. Regular font (not bold) titles have been read.

- Cricket

Premium Member
Did the "Like" count disappear or has it moved to somewhere else vice under the sig?

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Did the "Like" count disappear or has it moved to somewhere else vice under the sig?
Likes are now shown as 'Reactions'....under 'Alerts', you'll see that someone 'reacted' to your post...with a notation of 'liked'
Hover your mouse over a User's Avatar, you'll see a window appear and in that will show 'Reaction Score' with a number below it..

Premium Member
Thanks Hook. I figured that it was something simple that I hadn't yet tried.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
There are lots of hidden things you'll find by just hovering over things instead of clicking. (y)

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
It's SOOOoooo much easier to upload attachments.
(y)

Registered
This is HORSESH*T !!
Went to the 2019 fuel filter shootout and got slammed with this new format, to make matters worse, not one single photo, just a bunch of posts run together.
IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T TRY TO FIX IT !!

You might want to offer the option to view the old format,
I don't have hours to spend (waste) on this forum trying to figure this BS out.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Did you consume the 92 posts before yours, where many(most?) answers to yer woes are scattered about?

I'm very comfortable with it now, with the settings adjusted to my likin' ;)

Registered
I've been trying to keep an open mind and give it time but.....

I still don't like it. I don't upload pix, maybe I need to. Of course, I don't know how much harder it was to do last week.

Registered
Something to think about and granted this forum is not aimed at profit, but when a company has a solid product that is enjoyable to the majority of users and quite popular, the one thing they should consider when thinking about changing or modifying that product, is RETENTION.
In the real world of marketing, for every dollar spent to retain a current customer, it takes between $10 and $20 dollars, often more, to recruit a new customer. Hence the smart marketers and advertising agencies adhere to the old saying "if it isn't broke, don't try to fix it".
It appears that activity on the forum has decreased over the past several years and I'm surprised that the powers that be would take a step to decrease it further. This forum does have competition, it is not the only forum that deals with the Duramax and diesels. Not everyone has the the time to spend to sit down and figure out and adjust to the new format, not to mention, the lack of enjoyment ! The vast majority, myself included, will go to the sites that are easy to navigate and the most enjoyable to participate.

From a marketing point of view, that should be object of this forum, ENJOYMENT and EASE OF PARTICIPATION !

To the moderators of this forum, ask yourself if this is what you have accomplished.

I'm certain that had this "improved format" been voted on that it would have failed miserably.

Registered
Something to think about and granted this forum is not aimed at profit, but when a company has a solid product that is enjoyable to the majority of users and quite popular, the one thing they should consider when thinking about changing or modifying that product, is RETENTION.
In the real world of marketing, for every dollar spent to retain a current customer, it takes between $10 and $20 dollars, often more, to recruit a new customer. Hence the smart marketers and advertising agencies adhere to the old saying "if it isn't broke, don't try to fix it".
It appears that activity on the forum has decreased over the past several years and I'm surprised that the powers that be would take a step to decrease it further. This forum does have competition, it is not the only forum that deals with the Duramax and diesels. Not everyone has the the time to spend to sit down and figure out and adjust to the new format, not to mention, the lack of enjoyment ! The vast majority, myself included, will go to the sites that are easy to navigate and the most enjoyable to participate.

From a marketing point of view, that should be object of this forum, ENJOYMENT and EASE OF PARTICIPATION !

To the moderators of this forum, ask yourself if this is what you have accomplished.

I'm certain that had this "improved format" been voted on that it would have failed miserably.
Well Put!!

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
While your viewpoint involves only the consumer side, there's another whole side of problems with an outdated platform running on servers to provide your consumer experience.
After seeing how fast things run now, it's easy to see that Changes were needed;
the Forum was stalling on a regular basis, crashes were becoming common, longer to load pages, longer to load posts, longer to make User changes in their profile....not to mention warding off spam and hacker attacks being more and more difficult to contain.

Think Win-XP as where we were stuck at before the upgrade.

Look at it as a new Adventure to explore, coming out of where things were getting dull and stale. (y)

Registered
[QUOTE="Hook'em_Horns!], Forum was stalling on a regular basis, crashes were becoming common, longer to load pages, longer to load posts, longer to make User changes in their profile....not to mention warding off spam and hacker attacks being more and more difficult to contain.
things were getting dull and stale. (y)
[/QUOTE]

I never experienced ANY of that.
You may like it and that is fine but others are not happy with it and the object is to have an enjoyable site. Not having photos load and finer print is NOT an improvement.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
I never experienced ANY of that.
You may like it and that is fine but others are not happy with it and the object is to have an enjoyable site. Not having photos load and finer print is NOT an improvement.
Photos appear for everyone else....font, that's an adjustment on your end.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts