Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I like to blow bubbles, and use silicone not tape, and my trucks covered in polished tin not vinyl.
Seriously though someine needs to blow this shit up on the cummins forum, literally everytime I pass a fag in a cummins he has to floor it and black out the road.
I get so tired of whenever a cummins spots my truck they have to like prove themselves or something, I normally just let them go on looking stupid cuz I know my truck would spank theirs if I really wanted to :thumb

·
Taking the Long Way Home
3,271 Posts
Watched that last night at work, I must say i could not agree more, If people would be a little more responsible for there actions, the eye would not be on us, Deletes and making power on the streets have been around for ages. The Po po even then would keep you in check if you were an ass and went ripping up the street. linked it to my FB page.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I get so tired of whenever a cummins spots my truck they have to like prove themselves or something, I normally just let them go on looking stupid cuz I know my truck would spank theirs if I really wanted to :thumb
No kidding I blew away 3 guys in the local Cummins Mafia and the only thing they could say was "at least ours smoke more and ours are wayyy louder bro" I gave em a good Cool story bro and eased off

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have used camouflage duct tape on my truck before.

I also know the difference between "then" and "than".

I also know how to spell ridiculous.

I do, however, agree that blowing black smoke causes problems. I'm currently in Kathmandu, the dirtiest city I've ever been to. There are no emissions requirements in Nepal, and the entire Kathmandu valley is eternally smoggy with pollution. I'd guess over 90% of vehicles here emit a visible cloud from the tailpipe.

As much as I hate "having" to conform to emissions standards in the US, I recognize that they do serve a good purpose. Like keeping American cities from becoming like Kathmandu.

Reactions: rparlee

·
Registered
521 Posts
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but even the EPA admits that the millions of cars in the US contribute less than 10% of our total emissions. Hell, I'm in the Navy. My ship was built in '85 and smokes like a cancer-candidate. No plans to solve that, though. Meanwhile, the Gov pays a dollar less per gallon for fuel oil and burns it to the tune of 200k gallons per 4000 miles. Is clean air important, yes. Are they taking it too far, yes. Does my truck smoke- NO. I don't want that attention, and neither should any other self-respecting diesel enthusiast.

·
Registered
338 Posts
torqueHD;1840994 I also know the difference between "then" and "than". [/QUOTE said:
Yeah.......That one gets me too. I just laugh to myself now.

Another good one is "could of".

·
Registered
231 Posts
So how about the other end of this spectrum. We are also losing places to race, both tracks in Phoenix shutting down, there isn't shit in SoCal. The phrase use to be "take it to the track".....what track. Not sure if this is a problem everywhere (at least Vegas has the speedway) but maybe something of this type can be used to gain traction so the tracks quit being shut down and in such forcing perceived ricer action.

Originally from Phoenix BTW and will return...eventually.

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
people are gonna do what they want to their vehicles if they want to...why, because it is THEIR vehicle. by sticking this and trying to get this guy "involved" you are no better than the epa (whom you all hate) for trying to push an agenda on people just because you don't agree with what they do. shame on you for talking out of both sides of your mouth. get off your high horse and enjoy what you like and let others enjoy what they like...even if its retarded and utterly stupid :thumb

edit: maybe you should ban all the threads about people racing others on the street, isn't that a bad thing to do? don't forget the dpf delete threads...another bad and illegal thing to do. i guess you might as well include egr and pcv threads as well as straight pipe turbo and downpipe back, as that's illegal as well on everything except non emissions lb7's.

you all want to talk about shit people do that makes this "hobby" look bad...who are you to decide what is and isn't good?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with the video as well. I don't care what anyone else drives, or what they do to there ride, but I don't agree with generally acting like an ass.

I just try to treat ppl the way I want to be treated, I don't want to hear a random radio cranked up with bass thumping, or being smoked out by the diesel truck next to me, or someone hauling ass down or next to a crowded street. I don't want to deal with that sort of behavior, so I don't make anyone have to deal with it from me.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
The problem is that they (those kinds of people) dont give a shit. If somebody doesnt care youre not gonna change the way they think. To a teen or young adult they think its "cool" to blow smoke or do burnouts in public, or have a loud exhaust. You cant convince them that having/or doing that kind of stuff is bad. Why??? Because they dont give a flying fuck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree the that annoys me more than those stupid stick on hood vents is the guys that think if your truck doesn't smoke it must be ballless

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Agree with everything said, but I take great offense to the camo duct tape comment!! I am a neck..use the stuff frequently. But a very ecologically conscious neck!

Stock 03 LB7

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
people are gonna do what they want to their vehicles if they want to...why, because it is THEIR vehicle. by sticking this and trying to get this guy "involved" you are no better than the epa (whom you all hate) for trying to push an agenda on people just because you don't agree with what they do. shame on you for talking out of both sides of your mouth. get off your high horse and enjoy what you like and let others enjoy what they like...even if its retarded and utterly stupid :thumb

edit: maybe you should ban all the threads about people racing others on the street, isn't that a bad thing to do? don't forget the dpf delete threads...another bad and illegal thing to do. i guess you might as well include egr and pcv threads as well as straight pipe turbo and downpipe back, as that's illegal as well on everything except non emissions lb7's.

you all want to talk about shit people do that makes this "hobby" look bad...who are you to decide what is and isn't good?
Missed this! Very valid point.

Stock 03 LB7

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

The decisions made on "good" and "bad" are made on compiled knowledge of how the consequences of all actions made by any group of diesel owners affect the majority of the community. I get your point but that's like saying poor hunting etiquette may affect every one else in the woods but who cares how it does because it's what the people causing the problem like to do.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
As a young man I loved the wild rides and nights off I-35 and eben "the chase" I recognized the danger! Did I see insanely "altered" committing unthinkable acts? Sure.
Did people get hurt, die? Yes.

Those days I thought of it as a sport but it was really about gambling. Gambling with money, safety, freedom, heart attacks or boredom!

There will always be idiots, risk takers, wild moments, altered minds Momentary Lapse of Reason, testosterone overload etc.

I'm guessing there should be a clear line between the two but Alas they overlap. .

The right to privacy prevails.

On this specific topic. Almost every deputy sheriff drives a dodge. Jacked up and loud!!!!! They will enforce the law when you're slapping them in the face with your stupidity and give a friendly wave if you're being a human being.

All people kick out and shun what they dislike uncomfortably. I wore that hat when I moved here from "the city"

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I think I should add that in TODAYS world Everyone has The RIGHT Not to Be Offended!!!!! Calm down and let it ride!

Let more things go, how much does this persons actions actually affect your life?

If you endanger ones safety then the punishment should be: 389.56 PULLED from vehicle and beaten, by any citizens. Action taken immediately.
Then if you just annoyed someone, well hell you'll be "hanged by the neck"

Take a chill pill, have a mellow minute stroll on....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hahaha, Rolling coal is literally the exact same thing as rice, I've been saying this for months.

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements.

Coal Orallers are mimicking the drag race and pull trucks.

Import Ricers are mimicking real race cars with huge shopping cart wings and stuff.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts