Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to know what i need to be up grading next just got my turbo 4094 and going to build a trany too while its out for turbo up grade and could use $ on the gmax kit for a 6 speed and precision t.c .And do i need to be worried about head studs? or anything else

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
No real need for headstuds, the tranny is the really the big weak point, once you get that taken care of, you can go for some pretty impressive power with that and a turbo :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
After trans, and before GT4094, I would say compound turbos, with stock as small one, will also work after though.

·
Registered
926 Posts
spin around and put your finger on it and that needs to be upgraded..
Way to help out here, I'll go get on my merry go round, I learned that from ford and dodge people, works way better than pin the tail on the donkey.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just needing to know if i need head studs and is it easier to do them now rather then when it goes it out

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
you get the VVT or fixed 4094?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
sorry for the negativity boys im just not happy with the duramax right now lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it is a vvt and if im under the hood doing all that wanting to know what else i can do

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
it is a vvt and if im under the hood doing all that wanting to know what else i can do
well really your going to want the DE downpipe forsure. on top of that i might add 2 inch up pipes to drop drive pressure if you got the money. desides that nothing really.

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nope, I'd just hold it. I can just not and say I did, right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts