Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase my new 2011 Sliverado CC 2500HD 4x4 6.6l Diesel and was woundering if I would need to use my wieght distribution/sway control set up on my tongue pull RV (7,500lb x 28'Lg) as I currently do on my F150.
Also, how do you break in a new truck like this???

·
Registered
117 Posts
yes, get off the fence

I'm about to purchase my new 2011 Sliverado CC 2500HD 4x4 6.6l Diesel and was woundering if I would need to use my wieght distribution/sway control set up on my tongue pull RV (7,500lb x 28'Lg) as I currently do on my F150.
Also, how do you break in a new truck like this???
Yes, with that trailer weight you need a weight distribution hitch. As for break in, I believe the manual suggest either 500 or 1000 miles before towing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
don't forget that you will need to readjust the height of the hitch head as the 2500HD will probably be sitting a bit higher

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes I used one with my trailer. Really helps the trailer ride level. Not to mention unless you are going to shop around for a Class V Hitch to match the receiver (not going to use the GM supplied adapter) use will need it. Most hitches (from Auto Parts or Walmart) are only rated for 5,000 lbs. Thats why I always run a weight distribution on almost anything I pull thats even close to 5k.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, with that trailer weight you need a weight distribution hitch. As for break in, I believe the manual suggest either 500 or 1000 miles before towing.
I broke mine in by pulling my loaded enclosed through the mountain passes...
Probably not the best thing to do but i haven't had a problem yet.

My bud Hotshot's, and he often drives straight from the dealer to a distributor, and picks up a load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts