Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So driving home from a trip my EGTs were all over the place. I use my edge insight CTS 2, pre DPF reading PID. My DPF is deleted. No sensor there. It has been this way for years, it still works. I can see EGTs go up and down with load and acceleration. My EGTs normally cruising could be between 5xx, 6xx, 7xx degrees. Towing they can go above that but even double towing have never seen the red line of 1350 for these trucks. It typically stays under 1000 degrees.
My readings coming home from this trip were all over the place, briefly peking up to 1400, and it was 45 degrees out. And truck was empty, just me and passenger. When outdoor temp dropped to the 20's, it was peaking at normal 700.
So anyway, long story short, I call edge and ask them where this sensor is reading that's picking up this temp being I have no dpf? My engine temp is solid at 211 so I'm convinced it may be a sensor. But they do not know where this sensor may be.
Again, I do NOT have and aftermarket EGT probe.
Does anyone know where there is an egt sensor the truck computer looks at?

·
Registered
426 Posts
So driving home from a trip my EGTs were all over the place. I use my edge insight CTS 2, pre DPF reading PID. My DPF is deleted. No sensor there. It has been this way for years, it still works. I can see EGTs go up and down with load and acceleration. My EGTs normally cruising could be between 5xx, 6xx, 7xx degrees. Towing they can go above that but even double towing have never seen the red line of 1350 for these trucks. It typically stays under 1000 degrees.
My readings coming home from this trip were all over the place, briefly peking up to 1400, and it was 45 degrees out. And truck was empty, just me and passenger. When outdoor temp dropped to the 20's, it was peaking at normal 700.
So anyway, long story short, I call edge and ask them where this sensor is reading that's picking up this temp being I have no dpf? My engine temp is solid at 211 so I'm convinced it may be a sensor. But they do not know where this sensor may be.
Again, I do NOT have and aftermarket EGT probe.
Does anyone know where there is an egt sensor the truck computer looks at?
No one knows what truck you have until you fill out your signature.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No one knows what truck you have until you fill out your signature.
I have a full signature. I can see it. Can't you see it?

2007.5 LMM Sierra 3500HD SLT CC, LB, SRW | EFI Live Idaho Rob tunes | Kennedy Twin Lift Pumps | WCFab compound S475/stock, Y Bridge/EGR full delete | 285/65r18 wheels | Ported fuel rail fitting | edge insight CTS2 | | (3) Derale 13403 tranny coolers in series | Fleece performance tranny cooler lines |Fuel Filter Relocation kit to AC compressor | PCV reroute | Opti-Lube XPD or BG DFC plus every fuel fill up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts