Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I installed my low side fuel psi gauge, I have been watching the psi. When I installed it, I had a full tank of fuel and the psi would sit around the 11psi area. I noticed it starting to slowly leak down to around the 6psi area day after day. I thought I had a leak, but I cannot see any and I just did a complete filter head housing rebuild with a billet WIF delete, so the head is not leaking. Well I filled up my tank again yesterday and the fuel psi went right back to 11psi. So the lower my tank level gets the lower the psi the truck gets.

Anyone have any ideas? Could my airdog be bad? I have listened to other airdogs on youtube videos and mine does not sound like the ones I have heard:help

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
You wouldn't see any pressure IMO if the AD was bad, because it's negative pressure at that point.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sounds as though you could have a pin hole leak in the suction tube in the tank. That would be the reason when you fill it up the pressure comes back up.

Try moving the pressure sender for the gauge to the top of the AD base, then try pulling the suction line off the tank and running it off a bucket of fuel to see if the pressure changes at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts