Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 02 LB7. When its at an idle its smooth but about every 5-8 seconds it acts like you just barely touch the fuel. Almost like a surge. It doesnt even move the tach any when it does it. Thats how little it revs up. Has 10,000 on injectors. Any one else had this experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Maybe a fuel reg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Check your oil level often, as that is a common bad injector sign. Hope it's something else for your sake!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had that same thing go on with mine too one day, thought it was time for injectors... Went and moved truck, realized that defrosters were on, turned off, and problem went away... The A/C compressor cycling on and off had me thinking that idle was changing due to bad injectors! Hope yours turnes out as well too!!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Check your fuel filter, if that is good.

More than likely it is the Fuel Pressure regulator, it is located on the back of the CP3.....

Or it could just be bad fuel...Add some additive. Mine used to do it alot.

Actually alot of peoples do it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Its a fuel pressure regulator...mine did the same thing...

·
Registered
338 Posts
^^^x2^^^^^^^^^ fixed mine

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys! Anyone know of an aftermarket place to get the fuel pressure regulator? I priced it through gm and they wanted like 400 and something. I seen one on ebay a little cheaper but I don't want crap parts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
bosch is the only company that ive seen make them...which are OEM parts...so the dealer or a place like Merchant Automotive

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine has a similar idle issue but is intermittent. Every once in awhile it will throw a FPR code. I changed the fuel filter which seemed to stop the intermittent code but, it will still give that idle symptom periodically.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.