Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Sierra 2500hd, CCSB, 2wd, Duramax
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i just bought an 09' sierra sle duramax, 2500hd, and just today i've noticed the engine sounding extra deep, and the exhaust's smell has become much stronger, and almost smells abnormal. Any ideas what it may be? Only things I've used besides diesel fuel was some ATF in one fill up and normal injector cleaner in another fill up. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Check to see if you have the DPF in the exhaust system. If you don't, then the truck is tuned and you are smelling the result. No more ATF in the fuel. Use something speifically for diesel trucks such as Howes Diesel Treat or Power Service Diesel Supplement, etc

·
Registered
2009 Sierra 2500hd, CCSB, 2wd, Duramax
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does have the DPF. I am actually missing the rear portion "over the axle tailpipe", but the thing thats weird to me is i drove to work at 7am yesterday and it was fine, went to lunch at 1 and it was fine, left at 3:00 and thats when this started. No fuel changes whatsoever since a few days ago, and it seems to have stopped this morning. I put some more diesel in it last night to dilute it a little more, not that i put a whole lot of ATF in there in the first place. Didn't see any results immediately after that fill up. Thanks again for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
This URL may help you with the code:

This thread has some information you may find useful:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts