Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 dmax and i installed a rough country 6 inch lift about 2,000 miles ago. noticed that the slip yolk off the rear drive shaft does not go into the transfer case as far as it used to and i can move the driveshaft up and down about a quarter inch and all the play is coming from the shaft from the t-case and the yolk slip together. when driving about 45mph and above there is a vibration and almost grinding noise. im assuming the noise is coming from that yolk. is there a longer yolk made for this truck or a bushing of some sort in the t-case worn? the noise and vibration and been getting progressively worse. any input is welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: just jacked the rear end of the truck up and set the cruise on 55 and looked under the truck and the slip yolk has all kinds of up and down movement (causing the driveshaft to look like its tweaked also) and the noise is all coming from where that yolk goes into the t-case

1 - 2 of 2 Posts