Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just thought I would introduce myself and get things rolling on the DuramaxForum. We are Southwest Wheel Company located in Dallas and Lubbock, Texas. We specialize in truck wheels, coversion kits, Putnam and Valley hitches, fifth wheels, goosenecks, the best brake controls such as MaxBrake, P3, Prodigy, Genesis, and Odyssey, many trailer suspenions, parts, and accessories. Heck we basically can get your rig ready to tow and the help you build a trailer to tow with. We have been around since 1919, not me personally, but we may have one or two that are pretty close. So if you just have a question or are looking for a deal, let me know and I will see what we can do.

Thanks,

Darrick Sweeden

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
welcome to the DF,it's good to have another sponsor here..while i'm at it,i'm looking for a set of 16x7 or even up to 8" wide dually wheels for our 05 Chevy Dually but all ofem that i've found so far are 6" to 6.5" and i didn't know if you have other sources.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunatley, Chevy/GMC continue to build wider wheels but push the offset in. And, you will not find a wider dual. The only solutions at the moment are to get adapter kits to 19.5". We are working on alternative solutions but they maybe six months to a year out. A 19.5" keeps you at the same diameter as a 16" but gives you extra width. The draw back is a rougher ride.

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
thanks for the info,even with the 19.5's i'm still in a 6.75 or 7" wide wheel and i would go that route but it's hard to find rough tires in those sizes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Darrick
Brand New 2008 Chevy Crew cab 4 x4 diesel. What is the biggest tire I can get on it without rubbing assuming I put on a leveling kit. Also what wheel size do you recommend? I do not want to hang out past the fenders to save my paint from any kick up?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Darrick
Brand New 2008 Chevy Crew cab 4 x4 diesel. What is the biggest tire I can get on it without rubbing assuming I put on a leveling kit. Also what wheel size do you recommend? I do not want to hang out past the fenders to save my paint from any kick up?
Thanks.
To tell you the truth none of our manufacturers have tested the 08s as of yet. With manufacturers changing every year the aftermarket is having a tough time keeping up. I guess thats what the oems want. 24575R19.5" should be the largest tire you can get on before hanging out past the fenders. The most desired wheel size would be a 19.5" x 6.75". I would really consider how much towing I was going to do before larger tires and lift kits.

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
the brand new Chevys can run 33" tires on OEM wheels with the T-Bars cranked but with aftermarket wheels and depending on the Offset you can only run 31-32" tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts