Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a bad idea? I'm looking at One Up Offroad traction bars and they have a welded or bolted option. Are both of these options a bad idea for the truck/frame? I tow a fairly heavy trailer and don't want any axel wrap.

2019 2500 HD 4.5" BDS Lift

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Is this a bad idea? I'm looking at One Up Offroad traction bars and they have a welded or bolted option. Are both of these options a bad idea for the truck/frame? I tow a fairly heavy trailer and don't want any axel wrap.

2019 2500 HD 4.5" BDS Lift
I highly recommend a floating traction bar design. Since you have a nice 4.5” BDS suspension lift (w/ Fox shocks I am guessing) ... I would hate to see you lose your nice ride by installing a set of rigid traction bars. I also have a 4 inch Fabtech suspension lift with Sulastic shackles and my truck rides almost as nice as my previous 1/2 ton. Don’t want to lose my nice ride in exchange for eliminating axle wrap. I also pull a heavy RV and will likely install a set of floating traction bars later this summer ... and the ones I am looking at require welding. Just my 2 cents on the traction bar selection subject.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts