Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the 1/8 mi track and did good till my r/front axle exploded. so who makes HD FRONT AXLES - CV JOINTS ?
I know the CV angles were not flat as you guys told me, but I wanted to run it like I drive it on the street. Also, I didn't take anything out/off of the truck. I didn't get a chance to weigh it but after its fixed I'll weigh it. And the next outing I'll will be removing all excess weight. I havent raced in 21 years so give me your opinions.
1 - 5 lbs boost at 2000 rpm- 5.0 Mustang
2 - 10 lbs boost at 2000 rpm- New Dodge Challenger w/Hemi and drag radials
3- 8 lbs boost at 2200 rpm and r/f axle- FAIL

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone know where to get some HD axles/cv joints ?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
you dont need HD axles/CV joints...you need to race with the front end properly setup. ;)

cognito braces, tie rod sleeves, torsion bars lowered.........do that and you will not break any front end parts.

I dont know how much power Im running but I have an S480 over VVT twins, big injectors, and a heavy crew cab. In 142,000 miles I have not broken any front end parts. Likewise, guys running 10's and 11's arent breaking stock shafts or CV's either...

Ben

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the sleeves ,braces but didnt lower it . 2 reasons being I wanted to run it like I drive it on the street , had 7/8 's in the tank all the extra tools and stuff under and behind the seat ,my 2 trailer spares chained in the bed and truck spare along with the solid receiver with the 2 5/16 ball . 2- the front tires would have hit the bottom of the fender and my buddy with the plasma cutter is out of town . when he gets back we will be cutting that section out so I can lower it . so now that its broke why not put some HD ones in and not worry about it ? does any know if there is HD cv joints and where do I get some ? thanks ..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to add I trying to be a assh#$% in my response above. just saying what I wanted to try and it going to cost me now .

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Yes there are HD CVs out there, but I cant remember where:confused:
I think there about $500 a side

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
RCVperformance.com

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man I'll check that out on monday..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts