Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just installed a DPF delete pipe. I have the Quadzilla Stealth 2 programmer and I have already downloaded the DPF delete tunes. After installing the pipe, I tuned the truck with the "50HP no DPF" tune, but I still have the check engine light on. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Also, when I return the truck to the stock tune and then I toggle through the programmer to the "check tunes" function, it reads as if there is no tune at all. So I'm wondering if I goofed up the stock tune. Does that seem right?

Sorry for the two seperate questions, but I'm thinking that they are somehow related.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
07.5 LMM. I couldn't get it to "get DTC's" for some reason. So, I returned it to stock and then downloaded the "Econo no DPF" tune. Check engine light is still on and I got the stealth to get DTC's on that tune. 0546 was the DTC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And 2033. I tried clearing them with the stealth 2, but when I go to remove it, it says that nothing was changed.

·
Registered
582 Posts
P0546 EGT Sensor Circ Hi bank1
P2033 Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor Circ High Bank1 Sensor 2

Do you have an aftermarket truck shop around you? You may just want to take it to them and let them figure it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I unplugged the sensors and left them attached to the DPF. I will have to hook everything back up when I go "on-road" again and since those threads were so tight I decided to leave them screwed into the DPF rather than risk stripping them each time I switched them out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
should just delete when u do it sounds like something else is goin on set it to where u want it start the truck let it throw the code shut truck off turn to on position go to read dtc clear and fire it up should go away

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Set the truck back to stock, and reload the tunes. When you are loading the tunes see what version it is. Then try and see if the codes appear, if seems you might not of updated completely.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I returned it back to stock and re-programmed it. I was then able to clear the two codes. Now, the check engine light comes back on after about a half hour of driving. So, I'll stop, clear the codes and again the check engine light will come back on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
506 Posts
so u have nothing in the dpf u have holes in them for the sensors? climb bakc under the rig make sure u didnt pull anything on install

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are 4 connections to the DPF. Two are electronic probes and are plugged into a wired connecter, two are like an air or gas line. I removed all 4 of these and left them all attached to the DPF.

So, I unplugged the electronic connections at the plugs which are attached to the frame. I unconnected the two gas lines where the metal tubes connect to the flexible hose with the pinch clamps and I covered the flexible hose.

To be clear, the thought is that I should connect the two electronic probes at the wire connectors and just cover the probes?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
The electronic connections will be the source of your coding. EGT1 and 2 sensor lines.

The air lines are pressure transducer connections, that determine how much backpressure is being produced by accumulated soot.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
The electronic connections will be the source of your coding. EGT1 and 2 sensor lines.

The air lines are pressure transducer connections, that determine how much backpressure is being produced by accumulated soot.
Why does this not happen on the 07-08's?

I did the same thing with mine, I didn't want to risk stripping the screws. But I have not had any issues or check engine lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I did plug in the sensors and the code hasn't reappeared. Sounds like I need to check with Quadzilla though to see if they have a fix.

Yea, the sensors don't seem to seat real well on the threads so I don't want to keep screwing and unscrewing them every year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i am having to same problem and the same codes so plug the sensors back in where do i put them the delet pipe i got doesnt have a spot for them

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My delete pipe doesn't have the "bungs" either, so I just plugged them into the wiring harness, covered them each with a rubber glove and zip-tied them to the frame to keep them from dangling. What a pain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts