Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So CA just instituted a shelter in place order. What are you guys doing during this time? I still have to go to work bc I’m a LEO. It’s getting crazy out here. People are freaking out and taking every item from every grocery store trying to prepare for the zombie apocalypse.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nothing out of the ordinary for my wife and myself. We are both retired and live up in the foothills. My wife has some medical problems so I won't let her leave the house, which means if someone needs to run to the store, I'm it. We haven't hoarded anything, nor do we need to. We have two freezers full of elk and deer, plenty of canned veggies and the vehicles are gassed up. I also have more than enough ammo for all of our firearms, so not worried on that front, either. If we lose power, I have enough wood to keep warm. We have plenty of propane as the stove/oven is gas, along with the water heater and furnace. I can rig up a pig tail to run the water pump off my generator if need be.

The only problem is I am debating whether or not to clear the driveway tomorrow, though. We just got over a foot of snow today with nice weather forecast for the next few days. If need be, I can get the truck or Blazer out no problem.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Addicted to watching Dr. K

Roams the London public piano scene (many times in different disguises), plays a piano illiterate, teaches/introduces foreigners/locals/classical to a different level of piano.

Genius, knows every piece of music ever created, can just watch/listen to an unknown composition and instantly turn it into something immense.....all in the pursuit of introducing the world to B.W.

"do you know Boogie Woogie?"
"do you know Middle C? :ROFLMAO:

Here, disguised as a UPS driver, never having touched a piano;

As a construction worker

Same two, disguised as Doctors on a Boogie Woogie break;

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
I still have to go to work as well, the oilfield stops for no man. That said they just implemented a screening station at the airport. EVERYONE who enters has to first be screened before entering the property............daily. We get a wrist band with the date to wear to prove we went through the checkpoint.

My wife has an autoimmune issue, takes a very expensive medicine as a result. I Do Not want her getting this so like the poster above I take care of whatever needs done outside our home (she can cut the grass if she wants to though 😁).

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Going broke...

Reactions: DMAXfirefighter

·
Registered
194 Posts
Working from home but luckily I found time to work on my CTSV forged motor, twin turbo and built 6L90 project. It's getting close. Need to finalize the wastegates and boost gauge plumbing and exhaust from the turbos back. Then I can put some miles on to break everything in before turning the tune up.

Probably going to need some replacement 305 / 45 / 17 MT R drag radials too.

Reactions: Mfgordon

·
Registered
62 Posts
And it’s just started..... we have a bad 6 to 8 weeks ahead.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I work in a Fleet shop, the city shows no signs of shutting down. Would be nice but I know we would have to use vacation days to be home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Addicted to watching Dr. K

Roams the London public piano scene (many times in different disguises), plays a piano illiterate, teaches/introduces foreigners/locals/classical to a different level of piano.

Genius, knows every piece of music ever created, can just watch/listen to an unknown composition and instantly turn it into something immense.....all in the pursuit of introducing the world to B.W.

"do you know Boogie Woogie?"
"do you know Middle C? :ROFLMAO:

Here, disguised as a UPS driver, never having touched a piano;

As a construction worker

Same two, disguised as Doctors on a Boogie Woogie break;
I’m not a piano guy, but damn... that was good!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Working from home but luckily I found time to work on my CTSV forged motor, twin turbo and built 6L90 project. It's getting close. Need to finalize the wastegates and boost gauge plumbing and exhaust from the turbos back. Then I can put some miles on to break everything in before turning the tune up.

Probably going to need some replacement 305 / 45 / 17 MT R drag radials too.
That sounds sick AF. post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That sounds sick AF. post some pics when you get a chance.
Thanks man. Black Betty is going to be a bit rowdy.🤣

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Working from home and thinking about what to do if my firm goes under and/or I lose my job.

Fifth wheel stuff.

Prepping for my Cheapheat 5kw electric heating element add-on for the trailer (I hate constantly worrying about how much propane I have left, waiting for some guy to refill the tanks, and the RV park generally pays for the electricity anyway)...

Making s'mores, burning wood, drinking beers...

And trying to turn back time by about ten years (home gym and treadmill is absolutely epic during isolation).

Making the best of it, like everyone else, I suppose.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Buying a gun or two. Afraid to drive my 2020 too much 27k on it already because there are no spare parts in the system! Drive the Vette when i need to get out locally.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i am still working but they killed overtime, im a essantal due to being a truck tech, my gf was laid off from the hotel since it got so slow. she has been doing alot of cleaning and doing stay at home stuff

1 - 20 of 58 Posts