Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

Premium Member
Working like always.

Reactions: onetigger725

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
I drive around a lot, so I've been checking out the stores in various rural areas along the way, observing their supply lines, along with how and when the shelves are restocked.

Mainly looking for that mysterious single roll of TP on a vast empty section of all stores. Haven't found it yet. :(
I see now more and more stores are closing their Restrooms for public use, citing Corona germs and lack of disinfectant blah blah blah.

The truth is, they've all exhausted their supplies of TP too.

But I have been finding some choice things here and there;
Milk and dairy, still hit or miss here and there. Butter included....but I did score a lb of no salt, way at the back of the cooler down low. :whistle:

Biscuits....haven't seen those (or the butter for 'em) in weeks. Scored a few cans the other day, 60 miles from home..

Cornbread mix.....scored a few of those too, not what I prefer, but they'll do.

Sugar is back.....Flour, still as elusive as the TP.

Scored some smoked Turkey necks....so there's a pot of beans in the works today.
Not that I've seen any beans, rice or pasta.....but we had various types of dried beans on hand, just no ham hocks, pork or turkey necks to go with 'em. So these will be a comfort food treat.

Cheese.....scored a 4lb bag of cheddar.
Bread aisle.....gloomy. But I found 4 loaves of my fav Dave's bread....sweet. :cool:
Didn't hoard...just took one.

Registered
I flushed the my power steering fluid. Thanks for the write up Hook'em_Horns!

Trying to pull the trigger on some stocks, I'm wondering if I missed the bottom? I figured we had farther to drop and then it rallied last week.

Being thankful to still be working! Wife and I are essential services so we won't be missing a paycheck but I sure do feel bad for the millions of people that are wondering how to get by next month.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Sign on the door at Wally's place yesterday, starting the 31st, they have a 6:30-7:30am time for seniors only shopping.
Maybe I'll find that elusive single roll of TP on the shelf. :unsure:

Premium Member
I'm still working, essential personnel at a nuclear power plant. Got to keep the lights on.

Premium Member
You must be at that FPL station were the gators glow green. Lol
Yes I work for FPL but the gator reserve is Turkey Point in Homestead FL, I work at the St. Lucie Nuclear Plant and we are a sea turtle reserve. We are located on the coast just north of Jensen Beach, FL. Been there 31 years and have not seen any wildlife glowing green yet..LOL

Premium Member
We just came back from 4 days in our Personal Mobile Protective Shelter at Buccaneer State Park, MS.

You simply cannot be more Socially Distanced than in that 5er and/or our truck.

Registered
Essential worker so life goes on. But did spend the weekend working on the kids chicken coop. Just about ready just need the chickens

Premium Member
Essential worker but finished planting garden this weekend and laid in the pool.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Austin's own, Nick Means. I just wish I had a fraction of his speaking abilities.
Guaranteed, you wont' fall asleep in one of his lectures.

Registered
Nothing out of the daily routine. Not giving into the fear and panic but just watching the sheeple run around scared. Enjoying the empty parking lots, lack of traffic and the fellowshipping with other believers who are stuck in the stupid lines as we try to do our daily thing. Trying to open people's eyes and ears to the Truth and praying for those still lost in all the lies.

Registered
Nothing out of the daily routine. Not giving into the fear and panic but just watching the sheeple run around scared. Enjoying the empty parking lots, lack of traffic and the fellowshipping with other believers who are stuck in the stupid lines as we try to do our daily thing. Trying to open people's eyes and ears to the Truth and praying for those still lost in all the lies.
I'm curious to know if you'd be willing to share the Truth with the 11,000 or so that have already perished from this pandemic.

Registered
I'm curious to know if you'd be willing to share the Truth with the 11,000 or so that have already perished from this pandemic.
These are the cretins who will refuse the vaccine when it becomes available and inhibit/delay herd immunity and cost additional lives as we try to get things back to normal. They disgust me.

Premium Member
Still working as essential as well.

Spent the weekend catching up on the chores around the house. Nothing fancy or noteworthy, just grunt work that needed to get done while maintaining my social distancing..

Registered
These are the cretins who will refuse the vaccine when it becomes available and inhibit/delay herd immunity and cost additional lives as we try to get things back to normal. They disgust me.
Without starting a discussion that will not end, people that have their children vaccinated and then fear the children that are not vaccinated, have just admitted the vaccines don't work or they have no trust that the vaccine will work. The old vaccines were great, polio etc. and i even took the pertussis vaccine before i looked into this matter further, but yes, i subscribe to herd immunity as our doctors in the sixties told us to go down to Johnny and get the measles, flu, chicken pox etc. (me with a weakened immune system) to strengthen our immune systems and that only changed when big pharma took over. So yes, I do have a weakened immune system so i don't take this lightly but when a government takes away your rights to your own body and tells you what you have to do, restricts your movements without martial law, tells only one side of the story, not allowing the holistic approach to be weighed in, never acted this crazy with the other six corona viruses, or the other flu epidemics, is still highly connected to China, i get suspicious and dig in, just like the Jesuits that raised and taught me. I dig in to look at all the info out there and make up my own mind. That's reasonable and i agree that anyone else is entitled to their own opinions and free speech as we all have those rights. Having looked at both sides, the doctors cannot agree on whether herd immunity will work better than sheltering in place. Yes this virus is more contagious than before but I went to the CDC's website and the flu last year killed between 24,000 and 63,000 by their own estimates. So we will have to wait and see, one death being not acceptable. But our economy cannot handle this for much longer so it is more reasonable to get back to work now, wash hands, boost immune systems and allow our bodies to work as they were designed, not a very likable practice for those who wait for a vaccine but consider this: take a listen to all sides, what the news has said, what Trump has said, what Dr. John Bergman and Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai have put together for the other side. It is truly eye opening. I always check out as much as i can that sounds reasonable and make up my own mind, true liberty. Dr. Shiva just put the conspiracy truths together, (as all conspiracy theories have a measure of truth in them, some more than others) into "We are at war, end the shutdown." I respect your right to be vaccinated, to follow whatever you deem necessary to protect yourselves, I just ask that anyone also respect my rights also.

Registered
Without starting a discussion that will not end, people that have their children vaccinated and then fear the children that are not vaccinated, have just admitted the vaccines don't work...
Yup, that's how far I got. Bye.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts