Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the H&S on hot and all dpf/cat removed what is the boost, roughly i should be seeing at 4600 ft elevation. I have been getting 28-29 lbs at wot and only single digits cruising. Which sounds right, but a the lower speeds I been hearing at more dieseling or an old 6.5l sound then normal as if no boost. There is little to no smoke showing of excess fuel being poured in. And, has anyone else been hearing the same thing?

·
Registered
97 Posts
With the H&S on hot and all dpf/cat removed what is the boost, roughly i should be seeing at 4600 ft elevation. I have been getting 28-29 lbs at wot and only single digits cruising. Which sounds right, but a the lower speeds I been hearing at more dieseling or an old 6.5l sound then normal as if no boost. There is little to no smoke showing of excess fuel being poured in. And, has anyone else been hearing the same thing?
Ive seen up to 32 PSI @ WOT on hot, i usually keep mine on mild and i still see 28-29 psi with just getting on it hard but not flooring it. usually cruising i see 8-9 psi alot unless its uphill. Ive never heard the sounds your talking about and on the hot setting it pours smoke when i floor it. on the mild setting it doesent smoke very much, just a small puff...:gearjamin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts