Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab LTZ, Banks CAI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Im trying to decide between the Cooper AT3 XLT or the Falken wildpeak AT3/W. Any experience with both of these tires and pro’s and con’s. Thank you for any input!

·
Registered
932 Posts
No experience with the Falkens but I’m on my 3rd set of Cooper XLTs and ran several sets of the previous AT/3. No issues, wear good, handle good, go surprisingly well in mud and snow. I’m out every day in the boonies on oil and gas lease roads and the Coopers have been hard to beat.

Reactions: Gunslinger709

·
Registered
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4X4 CCSB / 6.6 Duramax / Allison 1000 / S&B Mouthpiece / 4" MBRP
79 Posts
Get the Cooper's. I can assure you that you won't regret it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've had my Cooper AT3 XLT's for for almost 2 years now and carry a 3,200lb camper all summer. So far, so good! They have great traction, minimal road noise, and are wearing evenly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those of you with actual experience with the Coopers, do you have winter handling experience you can pass along? I’m looking at the same tires as the OP, as well as the new Toyo AT3s.

·
Registered
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4X4 CCSB / 6.6 Duramax / Allison 1000 / S&B Mouthpiece / 4" MBRP
79 Posts
I live in the South. Winter here is very mild. However, in 2011 (I think), Oklahoma went through a blizzard and my Cooper's did just fine in that. Also, they're made in the USA.

·
Registered
932 Posts
They do great in snow and slush. They’ll really surprise you for an AT tire. I work for an oilfield service contractor and I have no problem at all going wherever I want. For the places I take my company truck I really should be running a mud tire, but I also do a LOT of highway miles and I can get 45-50k out of a set of the Cooper ATs where I was getting at best 20-25k out of pretty much any mudder I tried out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The reviews I read on the Coopers said the sidewalls felt less stable on the road..
I went with Bridgestone Revo 3s.
The revo 3s have a reputation of wearing fast.
I like the revos so far. My other choice would have been the Coopers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.. it looks like I’ll go with Coopers! Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've been running mine in Alaska and Idaho, can't get much more winter....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered them today. Went with 275 70 18, factory tires are 265 70 18. I think they should fit without doing a front end level.

·
Registered
592 Posts
My winter tires are 275/70/18, they fit fine on a stock front end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking for tires,,,had BFG on my old powerstroke and maybe got 25k out of them. Have 2020 gmc looking to put 295/65 20 on them. I have seen on the forum that you can put 35/12.5 20 on the truck but the 295 are at least 200 cheaper and almost the same dimensions the 35 are just a bit wider. I was looking at the toyo A/T III but they are pricey and I'm sure the coopers are better priced.

·
Registered
354 Posts
^^^I want to step in and say for the money I think the TOYOs are a great tire for the money. Im in an 04 so not as much torque as you new truck guys. but im getting 54,XXX miles to 60,XXX miles out of a set of 4 tires. They are quiet. I dont do alot of off road driving, just mainly dirt roads to go ride MX. Any how my opinion and a quarter used to buy you a cup of coffee, now its about 2 bucks i think. LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just checked on the price and they are acually about the same money. I know the new toyo A/T III have great reviews. I just want a tire that doesn't need to be replaced every 25k. I guess BFG offers a 50k warranty now but not when I had them. I pull a fifth wheel and its a desiel so probably harder on the tires then just driving an empty truck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My buddy has a 2015 RAM and he swears by BFG KO IIs. They last him 24k miles at best on the rear. He pulls a 36' travel trailer and a gas powered golf cart in the bed usually all at the same time and its just a weekend truck for him. Either way I dont make that kind of money to put tires on my truck very year and a half. I think he is finally seeing the light.

I used to run the BFGs on my 4X4 Excursion. I was able to get 50K miles out of them. Anyhow i dig the AT 3s this is my first set and my first to were AT 2s. So 3rd set overall I cant say enough good things about them.

There will be someone on here that has had a bad set or cant stand Toyos so thats with everything, every product.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just checked on the price and they are acually about the same money. I know the new toyo A/T III have great reviews. I just want a tire that doesn't need to be replaced every 25k. I guess BFG offers a 50k warranty now but not when I had them. I pull a fifth wheel and its a desiel so probably harder on the tires then just driving an empty truck.
I do know that the Coopers have a 60k warranty. Everyone I’ve talked with has had great success with them. Best of all... made in USA! 🇺🇸

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I have put over 15k miles on my AT3's. They are quiet and do good on normal stuff. They do not clean out well at all when stuck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts