Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 Chevy Duramax and only have 2600 miles on it. I'm looking to do some mods to it, but I don't want to void the warranty. Any suggestions?

Things i've done:

tint
leveling kit
Tires
Bull Bar/lights
Line-X Bedliner

I don't know much about Diesel engines in general.
I'm not quite sure what to do.... AND in what order to not screw something up.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
HID's. they sell for 50-100 per set. do not forget that. 50 to 100 a pair. Anything more than that, and you're getting fleeced. period.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Can't the leveling kit by itself void the warranty ?

You could get some kind of aftermarket wheels and slightly bigger tires, and some cab lights.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i bought my truck with a leveling kit on it when it was brand new so it better not void the warrenty

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's cool. I would deff. put some sweet wheels and tires on !!
From my understanding, almost all of the performance mods can void the warranty. Unless of course you know and/or are good friends with a GM dealer that would work with ya.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm soo sorry i am clueless on this whole issue. Is there things I can do... and have it removed before I take it in if something were to go wrong? Say exhaust?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't think so. From my understanding, any kind of performance mod. you do leaves a signature somewhere. Like with the exhaust, if you remove the DPF, the computer will record that the regeneration cycles do not match up with your engine hours. This would let them (the stealership)know that you had aftermarket exhaust at one time. I would check with one of the vendors on here and see what they tell you. Just go to the vendor jungle, pick a vendor, and call them. They will steer you right.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought my truck from the dealer with a warranty. I asked about the warranty and lift. They were up front and said the items immediately attached to the lift components would most likely not be warrantied. They said it would be on per incident basis but error on the no side. I'm sure towing 14k lbs on a stock truck is tougher on the drivetrain than 35" tires not towing.
On another note, my friend blew his 03 Cummins towing and they blamed the Edge module and one tire size up from factory. Ouch!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes Ouch!!!! I understand the Edge module being blamed.... but the one tire size up.... haha. They could have just left that part out of their examination.

·
Registered
191 Posts
To make it worse, they charged $1000, yes one thousand dollars "diagnostics" fee. They got him good knowing he was over 1200 miles from home with his trailer and family.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That just ain't right!! I'm almost have decided to just go ahead with exhaust. I don't want it to be loud loud... just a nice deep sound. What all would I need to do... and are there any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts