Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 05 LLY other than MBRP cool duals turbo back exhaust. I plan on putting a AFE mouthpiece and a Banks Ram Air CAI without the scoop on my truck. What changes can I expect from my truck by doing this? I know Banks is expensive but I want the best quality and best fit as the truck only has 14k original miles on it. Will I see any power increase or better throttle response? Better fuel mileage? Better sound? Any info appreciated! THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Ya you'll get a little better spool up nothing major. The factory MP is restrictive so its good your ditching it. I'd look into S&B for your intake & MP. Or a factory LBZ MP if you want to keep the stock look.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have an 04.5 lly with 4" exhaust, mbrp down pipe, afe mp, and banks intake.... I personally saw no difference with the butt dyno or throttle feel. I believe the only way to tell a performance difference would be on a dyno. Also, with those mods it can only help with better breathing for the engine. As said, this was my personal experience, I know someone else may have actually felt a difference but I didn't.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Mostly piece of mind that your letting the engine breathe better like said. People always go for the aw factor or seat of the pants feel but what the bottom line is and what you should be concerned with is your vehicle running efficiently.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Holy crap...really 14k miles ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts