Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im thinking about chipping my duramax... what one is best for me ? i have an 03 duramax ext cab 4x4 and i was thinking about chipping it . the thing is sometimes i see these chips and it says not for towing... i have a 20ft aluminum fishing boat all in all with the gear and everything it weighs about 3500lbs . What chip can i use and does it involve anything else like new rads or whatever any imput would be great

·
Registered
352 Posts
you know a edge juice/attitude would be good you can get all guages 0-60 times and so on with in cab adjustability, its a good product and Im going to be getting one for my cummins.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You will be fine with the edge juice/attitude. the predator is pretty good, but if you want to run any higher than the 40 hp tune you will have to get an egt guage. You can tow with almost any chip out there as long as you don't go higher than a 60 hp tune and take it easy. I have towed 8000 lbs with a 45 hp tune and had no problems.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
There are alot of good tuners out there i dont know a whole lot about the lb7 tuners but the edge w/attitude is alomst alwaysa good choice for just the guy who want more towing power and something to kill a mustang when out on a sat night:D , ppe makes some awesome downloaders as well as tst but you will need gauges with these!

Later
Caleb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts