Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hope someone can help me.
I bought a 2006 GMC sierra 2500 and I cant figure out what color it is, I need to color match a few things.

I will include pictures in the post so you all can see. The paint code on the door jam is rubbed off. I bought some "original gm color" paint in dark toreador red and painted a fender but it seems to be darker than my paint.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Paint code should be on a tag in the glove to.it makes a difference on the color of primer you used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint code should be on a tag in the glove to.it makes a difference on the color of primer you used.
Here is what the tag in the glovebox reads, I looked up the code and its just Onyx black, doesn't have a code for the red.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
well that sucks

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think that color was called "sport red metallic" or "red sport metallic" one of those two.

First pic is the sport red metallic and the 2nd pic is the dark toreador red which is more of a maroon color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that color was called "sport red metallic" or "red sport metallic" one of those two.
I did a quick google search and that looks pretty similar to my paint! I'm going to try and find a can of it and re-paint the fender to see how it compares. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did a quick google search and that looks pretty similar to my paint! I'm going to try and find a can of it and re-paint the fender to see how it compares. Thanks
My truck is a 2006 Chevrolet 2500 but looks close to the color of yours. Here's a couple of pics and the glove box tag. The color code on the tag is after BC/CC Which is U 817K. I believe they call it Sport Red Metallic. You can look it up to be sure. Just putting this out there for you. It may or may not help. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts