Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the thermostats on my 2006 LBZ. Pretty simple job of removing serpentine belt, then AC compressor, plus unplugging a few electrical connectors. Popped in the new thermostats, put everything back together and now the idle is way off and high, doesn't shift when it used to, seems like it is out of timing or some other weird electrical issue?

What did I mess up?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Changed the thermostats on my 2006 LBZ. Pretty simple job of removing serpentine belt, then AC compressor, plus unplugging a few electrical connectors. Popped in the new thermostats, put everything back together and now the idle is way off and high, doesn't shift when it used to, seems like it is out of timing or some other weird electrical issue?

What did I mess up?
Jeez you didn’t have to do all that . To do mine I just took the resonator off and disconnected the wiring harness . It sounds like you have a vacuum leak, but there is I vacuum in the diesel . I wonder if it’s something related to the hydro boost

·
Registered
374 Posts
Diesels do not have Vacuum to the air fuel system if I am correct. So I would be wondering what is not firmly seated for the plugs you might have remove in process.

Re-trace all what you did tighten and inspect for loose connections wires and hoses, you will find it I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts