Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

5881 - 5900 of 8957 Posts

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Same here dan. I could now about every 4 days and it be fine.
Ya I mowed Sunday (I think) and it needs it again. Rained over night into this morning, rained off and on in the afternoon. Supposed to rain over night and again tomorrow. Hopefully I can now it after work Thursday and then again Saturday morning because my daughter's 9th birthday party is Saturday evening. Honestly I've been debating about getting a mudflap of a semi to mount onto the back of the mower to drag behind to experiment with striping the grass....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Same here dan. I could now about every 4 days and it be fine.
Ya I mowed Saturday (I think) and it needs it again. Rained over night into this morning, rained off and on in the afternoon. Supposed to rain over night and again tomorrow. Hopefully I can now it after work Thursday and then again Saturday morning because my daughter's 9th birthday party is Saturday evening. Honestly I've been debating about getting a mudflap of a semi to mount onto the back of the mower to drag behind to experiment with striping the grass....lol

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,335 Posts
Posting stutter?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Keeping my daughters 7 month old BC puppy and our new puppy last week and this week. I changed her name again and she is now Zoey. It seems to fit a girl dog better than Bear.

So I am constantly walking one of the puppies and cleaning up the messes the new one makes. She will do fine for one day and pee on the floor 3 times in an hour the next day. Very few mistakes in her crate though. Big one, Sadie, is always knocking her down and playing very rough. She comes up with Zoey hanging off her bottom lip sometimes. Zoey fights back hard and gets off of her many times.

We saw a trainer last week to schedule a 6 week session and learned a few things. I can walk them many times now without a leash with her techniques. It's nice to let them get out and run wide open and have them come to you when you call them.

My son goes to work at 3:30 am 3 days a week. Many times they get all stirred up while he is eating and then leaves. The 4:00 walks are not in my plans. Ehh, who needs sleep?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,335 Posts
I've never had a leash on any dog I've ever had.
Come to think of it, none had collars either.
Go where I go, do as I say.....they just need a pack leader is all.

I think the whole leash bit from puppyhood just leads to crazy run freak out if they ever don't have a leash.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I had that happen last week in Russ's build thread about a hour apart. Weird....

Mine is doing it too, keeps saying people have posted but I open the thread and there's nothing new. Then all of a sudden there is a sh load of posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I guess I don't have the knack for total verbal command on the rascals. Always have a collar on them with rabies tag and name tag with a couple of phone numbers. Leash laws mean that someone can sue you if your pet smells theirs the wrong way or makes a snack out of them. You must keep your fencing in good repair to keep them on your place also. We have a little more leeway out here in the "hood" with 6 acre lots.

Hopefully, not using a leash all the time on the new one can help achieve the verbal command control amid all the distractions. Re-training me will be the hardest part of doing this. Dog seems to listen but I can be hard headed.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Found this in the front flower bed today. Could not figure out where it came from, but a friend replied that neighbor had some across the street from me. Pretty colors but right wing tip was bitten off so it can't fly.

Bad part is that the homeowner suddenly died last week from an aneurysm. Only lived here a couple of years. 65-70 year old active guy that was outside alot. Younger, full time worker lives in 2nd house on property. I guess I need to go tell him. Dang it. Wish me luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Being 130 lean pounds he always has a training collar on so I can hear him, or if needs be a good hand hold. Other wise neither of my dogs have a leash on. Like others just laying on the garage floor and only stand up to smell joggers as they run by. Both stop from a dead run to a sit position if told to. Safety on the front road was my first priority

Added some wire to the house yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,335 Posts
They just need to know their boundaries...whether a fence, a piece of tape, a string...or your Alpha designated line. Once they know that, they'll defend it 'till you say, "come inside".

Now a Cat on the other hand,....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Being 130 lean pounds he always has a training collar on so I can hear him, or if needs be a good hand hold. Other wise neither of my dogs have a leash on. Like others just laying on the garage floor and only stand up to smell joggers as they run by. Both stop from a dead run to a sit position if told to. Safety on the front road was my first priority

What type of mastiff is he? I hav a female that looks very similar to yours. I don’t know what she is but I’m thinking she is a cane corso. She was a rescue dog and they said she is a lab mix

·
Premium Member
9,580 Posts
Yesterday, did the annual traditional cook out where we harvest anything that's available from the garden and mix them together in a butter garlic sauce and grill them. This year we were able to harvest, potatoes, crook neck squash, zucchini, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, hot peppers, sweet bell peppers, banana peppers, onions, garlic and some herbs. Of course we had some Big Ol Ribeye Steaks to go along with it and some fresh baked blueberry cobbler along with several fireworks for the grand kids after dark.

·
Registered
905 Posts
What type of mastiff is he? I hav a female that looks very similar to yours. I don’t know what she is but I’m thinking she is a cane corso. She was a rescue dog and they said she is a lab mix

Mine is a Bullmastiff, a little over a year old.

They Are a smaller dog of the mastiff dogs.

The cane can get upwards of 150 if I understand

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Maybe she is just a bull mastiff mix. She is 3 and weighs #80.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Out in the yard watching the puppy happily run and bounce as the grass brushed past her face and I thought, damn, the grass needs cutting really bad.

These floods every other day are making it hard to keep up with it. I'm running behind on my customers yards so mine will have to wait. My helper got a real job, so it is basically back to just me.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,897
Yesterday:
Mowed and trimmed the backyard

20180707_123121.jpg

20180707_123133-1.jpg

20180707_123137-1.jpg

Today:
Got rid of more scrap metal I piled up on top of my temp burn pile over the past week

Posted up the clown tailgate in front of my cousins old frame that'll be used later on

Today I should also be tackling the hedges and front yard as well as cleaning off the driveway

Once I move the car hauler back behind the fence of course :)
20180707_121950.jpg

20180707_121907.jpg

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Had the sparkys up yesterday to run the NBN
Put another sensor light in
Did a big clean up and set fire to my bonfire so I can tidy up and move the water tank to that position
Got on the digger and cleaned out some culverts and moved some spalls in
This dispersive soil is a PITA have to pretty much get stuff growing in it straight away or cover it in biddum or it just erodes with the water flow and blocks everything up
Was keen to get a bit done today but it's pouring rain again so I reckon it's housework and paperwork

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Got a little bit done when the rain stopped
Bring on spring

Attachments

5881 - 5900 of 8957 Posts