Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 9237 Posts

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Its pretty cool to be in the house I was raised in!!! I got 20 acres with it as well that joins my parents 45 acres that they live on too. ok enough of me taking up this whole page but Im proud of my house! ha not a mansion but big enough!! 2500sq ft. with full finished basement...

Reactions: crazycrew

·
Most Known Unknown
29,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Man of many skills Lyle :thumb

Your damn near bob the builder, and I'm just a tire stuffer humpin:

·
Most Known Unknown
29,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I raked the pine needles I pulled down from the roof yesterday

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Ill just call you Boss.........:poke[1]::drink

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Beautiful house lutz!!

I cleaned out our carport all day today! And cleaned up the yard from some remodeling! I'll try to post some pics tonight.....
That's not mine. It's ridge rider.

I'll take a pic of mine and post it soon.

Rolled the back yard. It's roughly a acre and a half. Took over 2 hours. lol

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
well I finally got some time to upload some pictures of the house. I grew up in this house my whole life! My parents moved here in the 70's and put the aluminum siding that is on it now. same blue as it was when they put it on. Actually has held up very well right at 40 years. I have totally remodeled the inside of the house and done 90% of the work myself and saved tons of money. We put a metal roof on it and took off the little porch and put a A-frame over the front. along with a 40 ft deck. the different color you will see on the front of the A-frame and the left of the carport is hardy board and will get painted when we paint the house in a month or so maybe.... the carport also was closed in...you will see in the pics... I think there is about 3 post worth of them. ha so enjoy....

View attachment 633889

View attachment 633897

View attachment 633905

View attachment 633913

View attachment 633921
Dude, that's badass!

My wife wants to add something like that to our house.

How much you have into it roughly? Do it yourself?

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Just the porch or everything?

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Great day to work outside today. I cut down 2 small dead trees & broke them down to be hauled off. I also had last springs yard waste hauled off. :eek:

·
Most Known Unknown
29,462 Posts

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
The materials for te porch and the A-frame were bought together and I think they were like 2500$.........which I thought was cheap! The roof and everything counting porch was like 5,000$

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
The railing is out of ripped down 2x4's....and I used all the wood I could and not just scrap good wood ha

·
Registered
559 Posts
8ualive, I love the transformation! And thanks for the kind words on the house in which I currently reside (a.k.a my parents house ) lol but anyways, its modeled after the Southern Mansion in Cape May NJ. I'm in charge of all the landscaping, since that kind of stuff is right up my alley lol.

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
8ualive, I love the transformation! And thanks for the kind words on the house in which I currently reside (a.k.a my parents house ) lol but anyways, its modeled after the Southern Mansion in Cape May NJ. I'm in charge of all the landscaping, since that kind of stuff is right up my alley lol.
No problem!! Thanks man! I love it myself!! Well come down here and do my yard because that's next on the list and I HATE doing that! Ha

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Not too much today. Mowed (3 acres) and put down a few bags of mulch. Thought about opening the pool...didn't.. lol. Thats about it. Got rain in the forecast till the end of time..so..

On the other hand, i walked in my shop and looked around. Got attacked by wasps. Went into little girl mode and ran... I wish i could tell you i was allergic so i had some sort of excuse...

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
^^^^:rofl

Yeah rain for a while here too...not too far south of you....

41 - 60 of 9237 Posts