Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

8781 - 8800 of 8947 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I was a fire protection installer in my hey days and have the knowledge and equipment to get it done, so heck why not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This has been my current occupation for the last 19 years. Some days I love it others make me wish I chose a different occupation

·
Registered
643 Posts
Granddaughter loves anything associated with geology so i said "i have a hole to dig, wanna help?" and she got down 26" and loved every minute of it, even noting that the dirt became "more fluffy" as she dug deeper. Thank God for her country upbringing!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Granddaughter loves anything associated with geology so i said "i have a hole to dig, wanna help?" and she got down 26" and loved every minute of it, even noting that the dirt became "more fluffy" as she dug deeper. Thank God for her country upbringing!!!
If it's like here, soil testing is a license to print money

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Oh how I remember days like those, you should try the great white north, when the valves freeze and blow, and you don’t have a street key to shut it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I had to shut off one of our main streets in the CBD because we couldn't isolate the fire line
It's one of the oldest mains in the state and I don't think it had been shut off recently if ever.
The water in Liverpool Street ran black for hours, taswater was getting hundreds of calls for dirty water and we were scouring it out onto the street:laugh:
Some days I hate my job too but then I think I could be in a dark cold workshop fixing cars again and I'm happy :laugh:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Built a gate after work
Was going to get someone to do it because of.my lack of time, trying to get the house ready for plaster after work hours..
Was quoted 1270 to build, picked up the gear, then took me 2 hours and 415 dollars in materials, I'll take it to the powder coated tomorrow and I think I'll still be quite a few hundred in front.
Motor and solar gear is on the way from Queensland so hopefully I can get it set up by the weekend.
I'm currently running a chain across, I don't like the lack of security

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Borrowed a pressure washer, cleaned the back deck (20x20) and the front steps. That was fun, hadn't used one before.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Got a bit of sheetrock (haha I love it) up today.
Once again I didn't achieve what I wanted to, had to fall 3 trees for the neighbour, move rocks with the excavator and stack them for the other one.
Then when I got back to my work the ladder broke, I smashed my head and broke my collated gun.
After some repairs and some codeine tablets I was away again 😂

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kincade Fire Cleanup

A little sore today, Cut up the tree that fell across the water tank platform, then bagged up the old burned water tank, which was mostly just fiberglass threads and the base disk, so it is now ready for the New tank, just need to rake the gravel around a little.
Hope we get some weather soon, so I can get the bon fires burning

Attachments

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Pulled shower wall and door out yesterday. Cleaned all old silicone off and cleaned everything best I could and reassembled. Ran into a problem, the seals that hold the glass wall in all fit except 2 and they are going in where they came out from so heck if I know. Have to go to Menards or Home Depot and try and locate some slightly thicker stuff. Was just going to replace but it was a custom built setup so I gotta make it work till we move in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Cleaned the garage, fixed up a dishwasher to sell, and installed a few surveillance cameras.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Cleaned the garage, fixed up a dishwasher to sell, and installed a few surveillance cameras.
You worried when I holiday I'm gonna steal your shit? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Got a bit done today
The sheet lifter is a godsend
Try and get finished up early tomorrow and hit it hard tomorrow night

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Until our bosses would spring for a lift, we used an old light fixture lift and it worked ok.sure beats holding it up with two heads while screwing around!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Until our bosses would spring for a lift, we used an old light fixture lift and it worked ok.sure beats holding it up with two heads while screwing around!
Yes definitely,
First house I've done with a lifter.
The small rooms I did with one head:laugh: dodgy at best:laugh:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got my detailed purchase offer and 90 days to vacate notice from the NCDOT.

They are taking my property through eminent domain to build interstate 540 outer loop around Raleigh NC.

Started house shopping last night.
I made an offer on a new to me house. Hopefully they will accept it and the closing schedule will align with the NCDOT's payment for my current house.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,875 Posts
Congrats man! That’s always exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,295 Posts
I made an offer on a new to me house. Hopefully they will accept it and the closing schedule will align with the NCDOT's payment for my current house.
Just think.....your house could've been 100' away from the new easement....putting a freeway next to your quiet backyard, and no buyers. 'uhNo

8781 - 8800 of 8947 Posts