Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

8861 - 8880 of 8936 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Finally been able to use the master bath after a year & 1 month of owning the house. Been a work in progress. Got new flooring, scraped popcorn ceilings, drywall repair, fresh paint, & now finishing up with new hardware, lights, mirrors, etc. Got some stuff knocked out this weekend. The Ol lady is happy so life is good haha

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
A bit like the odds of coming to a construction expo and there are 4 people here from Tasmania 😂

·
Registered
19,140 Posts
Debated on doing yard work Sunday. First weekend I’ve felt good in a month. So I said screw it and and washed the truck.

kids did shovel dog crap on Monday though so that’s a start. Got a bunch of spring cleaning to do. Just need some good weather at this point. Rain is forecasted fo 7 out of 9 days so there’s no chance of drying out.

·
Premium Member
9,564 Posts
Been up on the hill cutting up trees that got blown down and burning them, getting ready to put new tines on the cultivator time for garden season.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
Prepped the raised bed garden for the season.

20200301_161255[1].jpg

Added 6" of my Super Secret Moo Poo Infused Compost
Planted;
Yellow Squash (ho-hum....won't last long in the heat)
JD's C-Tex Special (cross between Early Girl F1 and Black Krim)
Crimson Sweet melons (left corner trellis')
Ambrosia Cantaloupe (upper right corner trellis')
Charleston Gray melons (lower right corner trellis')
Sweet Bells scattered in the trellis' corners
Porters (down the middle)
Tycoons, outer sides (HUGE slicers, hang out past the burger bun)

20200314_194016[2].jpg

·
Registered
481 Posts
can you spill the poop on your secret moo poo compost,I'm a fellow gardener.always like to try new soil combinations.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
You'd have to be in the area.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
I shoveled my chicken house and horse shed out the other day and scattered it on my garden. Not sure if I’m going to do a garden this year or not but I’m always jealous of Hooks setup.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
Worked on my garden too. Habanero, Serrano , and jalapeño peppers. Cucumbers , several varieties of tomatoes. San marzano, bushsteak, Cherokee powder, and cherry tomatoes. The kale, spinach, radishes,cauliflower and cabbage I put out a few weeks ago are doing well

Also working on a herb garden in a 100 year old lard pot I got from my wife’s grandparents. Dill, cilantro , basil, thyme,oregano

Need to send a soil sample to TAMU to see what I need to amend. Probably just broadcast some blood meal for now. Phosphorous was high last year from too much mushroom compost 2 years ago. Will spray some liquid seaweed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
Be careful tossin' that blood meal.....bees react to the smell, as in pissed off and attaching your face....weird (something about the nitrogen), but I watch my back now.

Re-purposed some old brick and a couple of 3x3 runners from a skid, made a flower bed.
Got all my critter toys placed in it, wards off all of the evil garden fairies. (they don't like grins and shiny stuff) 👽
20200315_194403[1].jpg

·
Registered
774 Posts
Had to work Saturday so spent Sunday shoveling up a ground up stump in the front yard onto the utility trailer, threw out some fertilizer/weed killer in the front yard, installed 2 sink faucets in the master bath, & the best for last.....smoked 3 racks of baby backs.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
Made an herb garden out of a 100 year old lard pot from my wife’s grandmother

Finished my whole house filter system. 4 inch by 20 inch dual filters. One 5 micron filter and one carbon filter.

Installed an RO system under the sink with a faucet as well.

Then put a coat of asphalt black paint on then fence by the gate and burned some downed limbs

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
How good do these solar bollards work? Interested. ☺
They actually worked good, the batteries only lasted about 12months though.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Nearly got the ceiling batts done
Waterproofed all the wet rooms
Sanded the floor and fixed down the First run of overlay
12 days of quarantine left to go let's see what I can get done:unsure:

Attachments

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
Finished the refresh on the landscaping today at the weekend place. All new sprinkler system. Went 25psi and individual emitters at each plant.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
Looks good....just in time for the storms tonight/tomorrow.(y)

Started delving into my used and weathered lumber pile.....cut up all the pieces needed for a Faux Rustic Antique freestanding bathroom shelving unit.

20200319_192329[1].jpg

20200319_193551[1].jpg

·
Registered
774 Posts
Finished the refresh on the landscaping today at the weekend place. All new sprinkler system. Went 25psi and individual emitters at each plant.

Man I'd love to have a place like that on some land with a bad*ss shop

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
Thanks. I wish the shop was bigger. It’s 30x30 but I have a seacan 40ft hicube for my reloading and climate controlled storage. On the other side of the main house is the pool and guest house. We’ve had it for 6 years and it’s getting close to where we want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8861 - 8880 of 8936 Posts