You must be on Tappy?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I sure am.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
I rreplaced the battery charger in the Transfer Switch of my whole House Onan Generator.

Cummiingj Onan parts supplier in Harvey, LA wanted $449 for the part. I bought it from eBay, delivered for less than $71, delivered in less than a week by DHL. It is actually manufactured in and came from China.

I wanted to "Buy American" but even the Onan part is made in China and is only available here from the Onan parts stores. I could only find them online at eBay, Nobody else had one!

AmI willing to spend an additional $378 to buy the same part here...............NO!

·
Registered
770 Posts
If it were $378 more expensive, made in America, and would last 10x longer, then probably YES you would spend the extra money. BUT, the same oveseas made part for over 6x the cost, NEGATIVE.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I rreplaced the battery charger in the Transfer Switch of my whole House Onan Generator.

Cummiingj Onan parts supplier in Harvey, LA wanted $449 for the part. I bought it from eBay, delivered for less than $71, delivered in less than a week by DHL. It is actually manufactured in and came from China.

I wanted to "Buy American" but even the Onan part is made in China and is only available here from the Onan parts stores. I could only find them online at eBay, Nobody else had one!

AmI willing to spend an additional $378 to buy the same part here...............NO!
That's a joke
But it's like my gate motor, they are South African but a very good unit.
Same unit from a Queensland supplier that uses eBay 890 bucks set up for solar
Local supplier 1695
How can you mark things up that much

·
Premium Member
9,577 Posts
Still cleaning up the mess on the hill from some storms over the last year, cleaned out the chicken coup and spread it on the garden. Checked and repaired the electric high tensile fence around the garden, feed the deer enough through the feeders don't need them munching on our food.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Btw the way the way you guys write dates is very confusing for us 😂
I kept getting told off over there because I go DD/MM/YYYY

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,876 Posts
I write all my file names as YYYY/MM/DD so when I sort they come up by date the way I want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Btw the way the way you guys write dates is very confusing for us 😂
I kept getting told off over there because I go DD/MM/YYYY
I write all my file names as YYYY/MM/DD so when I sort they come up by date the way I want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have always thought either of these made more sense than the traditional MM/DD/YYYY that is typically used here. Either most significant to least significant or least significant to most significant; don't be mixin' that shit up! What also irritates me is the ones that go MM/DD/YY.... that just adds to to confusion until we get to the hear 2032.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yesterdays effort, painful some of the bows in the timber takes some pulling out.
Bout to start round 2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have about 8sq metres left to go
Then I'll be wall tiling for a couple days

Attachments

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
What type of wood is the floor?