Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

9121 - 9131 of 9131 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
Well, I tried to get an old Coleman 6250 Watt generator up and running. The fuel valve at the bottom of the tank was rusted internally and cannot be cleared.

I can order one but will try to source it locally first. There are several small engine repair shops Im going to try later today when they open up at 8.

Thank God I had shut the valve though, the fuel was a thick varnish jell that came out like orange milk when mixed with fresh gasoline. That jell would have been in the carburetor had I not killed it by closing off the fuel the last time I had a need for the generator.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Transplanted a ton of dirt and perennial
flowers (iris, daffodils, gladiolas, tulips, etc) from the old house to the new house. Hopefully some intermittent light rain bands from TS Arthur will help them settle in.

"Only those willing to go too far can find out how far one can go." T. S. Eliot

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Planted 300 tomato plants and watered them. Getting ready to pick some more lettuce and green onions for wilted lettuce for supper. Spinach is about ready to harvest along with all the other greens.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will finally post my latest updated pictures of my back patio structure and built in BBQ. I wanted something different so i put a metal roof on. It came at a great time with this lock down crap going on. This is where my family hung out.
Resized_20191019_162325.jpeg
Resized_20191019_162325.jpeg
laughing....(joke)

Attachments

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,985 Posts
Looks fantastic. Tell about the horizontal beams? What’s the span and what are the specs on that beam? I’m about to do something similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey Tex^^^^ The beams are all 6"X 12"X 22' they sit on 8"X 8" X 10' Posts are buried in 3'X 3'X 3" footings. The rafters are 6" X 8" X 12' 24 on center for the T1-11ply sheeting. I need to put the gussets on (not the correct term) but the angles from the headers to posts in all 8 corners. All of the beams are drilled and lagged with 14" lags from sides and from top. I didnt want to use the mid evil looking structural hardware.

A little more than you asked for but thats the jist of it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The footings are #4 rebar and concrete.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
2 weeks ago after a job Saturday morning I helped a coworker lay 3000 square ft of sod. He had 39 rolls left over so we took to my house. Then I proceeded to move way to much rock because people suck and think it’s cool and then we tilled, pulled roots and added dirt to level then layed the sod. It was 9 days after it was cut so it looked like hell but 7 days later it is coming in nice. Only a few trouble spots we are nursing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Went around the house and hangar to make sure everything was locked and secure, checked security system and motion detectors. Then I placed Mr Mossberg next to the bed, just in case he needed to talk to the person who's been prowling the neighborhood. It sucks when people just take stuff that others worked hard to get and it's getting worse!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I’ve been on the phone all morning and have came to the conclusion that there’s not a 12’ decking board to had in the entire eastern half of Kentucky. I’ve got some kind of fungus shit eating away at one section of my back deck and really need to replace some 2x6s and a few deck boards. Nope...all the non essential fuckers Donald was throwing $1200 a week at have bought up every stick of lumber in the state while my ass was at work every day :mad:

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,985 Posts
Started wiring two more cameras into the ubiquity system. Direct burial cat6 but couldn’t make the connection work. Waiting on my new network cable tester to come in Wednesday. Installed a new transformer in the pantry to run the led lights. Ordered a door jamb switch so that the lights will come on when the door is opened. Then ran conduit from the 100amp sub panel to the outdoor kitchen slab for another small sub panel for the outdoor kitchen. Waiting on the metal base plates to come in so I can weld up my columns which will hold the LVL beams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9121 - 9131 of 9131 Posts