Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

9161 - 9180 of 9237 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Had the day off since I am maxed out on vacation time since we didn't have a spring break vacation or any vacation recently for that matter.

So I staycationed and mowed, edged, weedeated, trimmed shrubs, cleaned off the screened porch and deck, blowed everything off and then jumped in the pool.

About time to grab a few beers and light the grill!

🍻

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
This thread hasn't been notifying me of posts either.
I got a bit done today, sheeted around the decks, dug retaining wall out for wider access, have just fixed the drain in the dark.
Tidy up tomorrow
20200606_165427.jpg
20200606_165513.jpg
20200606_165427.jpg
20200606_165513.jpg
20200606_165537.jpg
20200606_165523.jpg
Screenshot_20200606-195723.png

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
For the past week been catching up on the garden, harvested all the greens and worked them up and froze them. Picking lettuce and green onions just about every day for supper, potatoes are done except for the spraying for insects and blight and harvesting in the fall. Picked all the radishes as they were starting to bolt (man these thing were hot this year), Planted some more lettuce and onions as the current patch is starting to get big and tough. Finally got to plant most of the garden after all the rain, corn, pole beans (several different varieties this year), bush beans, squash, water melons, cantaloupes, fields peas, cucumbers, pumpkins, sweet peas. Staked the tomatoes, all 300 of them (got to try out the 2 stroke post driver did good for about 25 posts them started acting up cheap junk made in China, shipping it back for a refund soon.). Mowed, weedeated, clean out some ditches and cleaned up some more after the flood.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You put much weight on those and the diagonal braces will push right through the drywall where they’re not over a stud. I’d run a horizontal ledger board that will carry the load to the studs better.
Most of the stuff wont be too heavy and the braces are screwed into the studs. The ledger would have distributed the weight evenly across the drywall. I might try that for the top shelf because I may enclose it. I'm getting too old to carry Christmas presents up and down the attic stairs...

·
Registered
434 Posts
This thread hasn't been notifying me of posts either.
I got a bit done today, sheeted around the decks, dug retaining wall out for wider access, have just fixed the drain in the dark.
Tidy up tomorrow View attachment 1077449 View attachment 1077450 View attachment 1077449 View attachment 1077450 View attachment 1077451 View attachment 1077452 View attachment 1077453
Place is looking great Hayden! It's come a long way - even if your toilets flush the wrong way!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Jumped up on the roof with the leaf blower, and cleaned the helicopters out of the gutters.
They were half full with these stinkin' things.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Last Sunday I dropped and chopped 5 dead blue spruce pine trees. Also pulled out all 5 stumps. Got 1 more tree to drop tomorrow and 2 stumps to pull out from trees that fell last year. Almost got all the stuff burnt up also.
I’m sure my neighbors love me right now. Lol

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
What have you been up to Harnold?
Working like a trojan Andy, you?
I thought things would die off but everyone from the mainland seems to want to buy in Tassie after the virus thing.
I guess it's because we shut out borders and have a low population.
New houses are still going hard and renovations are taking off because they just issued a 25k grant.
I just want summer back it's dark at 430pm now 😭
20200607_162608.jpg

·
Registered
691 Posts
One of my wife’s cousins gave us a knock off Power Wheels ride on for our daughter. 6 volt, one wheel drive....no bueno. When it did manage to get traction it barely would pull itself along. I had seen people on YouTube upgrading their kids toys so I did some research and found out that upgrading to 12 volt wheel motors was super simple so now baby girl’s Mercedes is rocking twin 12 volt motors, posi-traction rear end and a substantial increase in the battery department. No more issues with power or traction.

kiddo approves (y)

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,065 Posts
One of my wife’s cousins gave us a knock off Power Wheels ride on for our daughter. 6 volt, one wheel drive....no bueno. When it did manage to get traction it barely would pull itself along. I had seen people on YouTube upgrading their kids toys so I did some research and found out that upgrading to 12 volt wheel motors was super simple so now baby girl’s Mercedes is rocking twin 12 volt motors, posi-traction rear end and a substantial increase in the battery department. No more issues with power or traction.

kiddo approves (y)
Sweeet! Will it break them loose on the grass?Nice upgrade.. Next, AWD 48V!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sweeet! Will it break them loose on the grass?Nice upgrade.. Next, AWD 48V!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, not with the current setup. I did hook my 20V Craftsman drill battery up to it just for shits and giggles but wheel speed was waaaaay to fast for the kiddo.....for now. She’s just shy of 22 months and hasn’t fully grasped the concept of steering and not running into stuff just yet. On a full charge the 6volt battery would barely poke along for about 15 minutes then be dead as a hammer. I wired up the new motors yesterday and realized I had forgot to order a battery so I pulled the battery out of my (don’t laugh) lawn mower and ratchet strapped it to the frame rails under the hood. She rode around in circles for probably 40 minutes yesterday then for another 20-30 this morning and it’s still pulling just as hard as everSpeed is a fast walk/borderline jog. Now that I know it all works I’m going to weld up a small battery bracket to bolt Into the frame and buy a dedicated battery for it so I don’t have to steal hers every time I need to mow :ROFLMAO:

Mommas already mentioned buying her a Power Wheels Jeep when she gets a little bigger.....Daddy is already researching “upgrades”

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Working like a trojan Andy, you?
I thought things would die off but everyone from the mainland seems to want to buy in Tassie after the virus thing.
I guess it's because we shut out borders and have a low population.
New houses are still going hard and renovations are taking off because they just issued a 25k grant.
I just want summer back it's dark at 430pm now 😭 View attachment 1077469
Still driving my John Deere tractor and mowers around in circles cutting grass for people.
Trying not to let anybody breathe on me!
Our days are getting longer and the hot ass Alabama weather is here! Oh, and a hurricane is supposed to hit the coast in the next day. All good here.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Cut most of the yard today. About 3 hours seat time. Caught a 4 foot long black runner snake a couple different times. Looks like he is living in a hole in the base of a big pine tree.

Reactions: harnold

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
No, not with the current setup. I did hook my 20V Craftsman drill battery up to it just for shits and giggles but wheel speed was waaaaay to fast for the kiddo.....for now. She’s just shy of 22 months and hasn’t fully grasped the concept of steering and not running into stuff just yet. On a full charge the 6volt battery would barely poke along for about 15 minutes then be dead as a hammer. I wired up the new motors yesterday and realized I had forgot to order a battery so I pulled the battery out of my (don’t laugh) lawn mower and ratchet strapped it to the frame rails under the hood. She rode around in circles for probably 40 minutes yesterday then for another 20-30 this morning and it’s still pulling just as hard as everSpeed is a fast walk/borderline jog. Now that I know it all works I’m going to weld up a small battery bracket to bolt Into the frame and buy a dedicated battery for it so I don’t have to steal hers every time I need to mow :ROFLMAO:

Mommas already mentioned buying her a Power Wheels Jeep when she gets a little bigger.....Daddy is already researching “upgrades”
ive been watching all of their videos for a while. I love their stuff.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Still driving my John Deere tractor and mowers around in circles cutting grass for people.
Trying not to let anybody breathe on me!
Our days are getting longer and the hot ass Alabama weather is here! Oh, and a hurricane is supposed to hit the coast in the next day. All good here.
We got the opposite, freezing cold mornings and very short daylight hours.
I put 4 Paperbark Birch trees in tonight but you probably can't see because it's pitch black already 😂
Came home after work and went to dig the holes and the digger ran out of diesel with no warning light in the middle of the driveway with a full bucket of soil. Had to hook the truck up and pull it around a bit so I could get past to go to the servo.
20200608_174208.jpg

Reactions: Babyhauler
9161 - 9180 of 9237 Posts