Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

9201 - 9218 of 9218 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Borrowed my buddy's Honda 350 Rancher 4 wheeler a few weeks back with a 15 gal spray rig on it to spray a few places quickly. Carburetor started acting up on last job. Had to keep the choke on so it would move. I knew it was trash in the carb jet. He needs it next week so I had to pull the carb and clean it today. Trim and side panels were a big pain to get off due to push pin clips like the trucks have. I have the special pliers to get them out fairly easy. Still dislike them. Anyway, had no parts left over from carb dissambly. Machine fired right up and ran fine without choke. I'm a genius.

Question for big bore atv owners.

Why would you need a huge 800-900 cc 4 wheeler? This thing has plenty of power for woods riding and has to be much more nimble than a big machine. I can pick up the front end or back end of this machine to get out of a bad spot if necessary. Aren't the big ones much heavier? I've been out of this market for a while, so what do I know.
Tell me why.
I own an '88 350 and live in a woody/rocky area. I'm with ya. Unless you live on flat open land or just need the power... a 300-500cc is better suited, IMO. Get a SxS if you want the power. At least they'll have the ability to pull more/utilize the power for work, not just play.

I know someone with an 850. it does well in open pasture country checkin cattle and such. Indy suspension it a lot nice than the wore out, cant find no daggum replacement shocks i have on my '88.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
Wifey is still picking lots of blueberries.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Saturday rotated my tires (No more shaky shaky!!!) then took the horses for a hoof trim. Came home and mowed/weedeatereded the whole farm then sprayed 2-4-D on the hayfield to kill the weeds out. Shot a crow for the garden.

Sunday kilt a 800ishlbs black angus steer and got it hanging in the walk in cooler, damn near lost a finger on the cattle trailer door in the process. Shot another crow to hang in the garden then planted two more rows of beans and 8 rows of corn that the damn crows plucked out of the ground the first time around.

Then back to work work work :(

·
Registered
50 Posts

Went out to Missouri to help my son move out in our area and I'm very glad I did. I made this sign to hang over the gate coming in to the house last fall. Had to wait until June for the weather to warm up enough to paint it as the wife wouldn't let me paint in the house. I already had the stars and stripes flying where the Navy flag now is, which was a present from the wife. So I finally had someone to help me get the sign up plus the two flags. The height of the gate crossbar is around 18 feet-ish and my 16 foot ladder wasn't tall enough. Backed the truck up to the gate, put the ladder in and strapped the ladder to the crossbar. Took a while to figure out how to get the sign up in a way in order to attach it to the crossbar. I think the fourth attempt was successful. I'm just glad it is finally up there. The odd thing is very few people will ever see it. The road we live on dead ends about a 1/4 mile past the house with only 5-6 other houses above us, and only 3 of them with folks that live up here fulltime. The wife loves it and that is all that really loves it.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,056 Posts
So today I started putting up the beams into my home made columns with beam pockets. Columns are 4x4x1/4 inch square tube and the pockets are 10ga sheet metal. Beams are PSL parallam. Long side is 24 and the short side is 14. The long beams are 345 lb and the toughest part was rotating them upright from the FEL bucket without over rotating and dropping them off the front. Then setting them in the pockets. Made a little two wheel dolly to move the beams into position and then put them on the FEL. This is going to be the outdoor kitchen and it sits between the guest house and the main house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Nice work. That structure isn't going anywhere.
Stamped concrete or stone?

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,056 Posts
Nice work. That structure isn't going anywhere.
Stamped concrete or stone?
5 inch slab with flagstone laid over the top
Beams are 3-1/2x14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TB673

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Finished up a little project in the laundry room. Here are some before and after pics.
CD60F0BD-30F5-47E2-B794-113FE9BA60F8.jpeg
9234BCF4-D773-4827-A812-304DFBFB0BD1.jpeg
CC42891D-474E-4EFE-A80B-16851262EC2E.jpeg
03045281-6EDF-418C-93E6-98D92391AE42.jpeg
D9AEBE70-7B4E-4129-B807-CE6DEDABD473.jpeg
FD5CB472-7902-4612-8715-A50DD44C1BBB.jpeg
2560FA01-74EC-4798-888C-C34FE9B635AB.jpeg

Reactions: 20DirtyMax05

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Picked up some goodies for Independence Day next weekend!
20200627_131054.jpg

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,056 Posts
That looks great. One day when I build my next house I’m going to have a mud room.

Today finished installing the last big beam them used straps to tighten each side before nailing 12 nails through each hanger

Daughters were pissed as I was banging on the beam at 6:45 this morning after they stayed up till 2. Lol. Oldest came out to complain. No sympathy here. Told her not to stay up so late.

Got all the ceiling joists in. Next up is ridge beam and rafters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Charles, If the oldest came out to complain, should have told her "Thanks for coming out to help. Your timing is great. Grab a hammer"!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,212
Mowed the front yard, then installed new blades and scraped the build up off the bottom of the deck. I’ll trim it tomorrow and maybe mow the rear.

Our spare Maytag refrigerator took a crap, and quit cooling. If you hit the buttons they’ll light up but do nothing more. it’s still getting power and turns the inside lights on but won’t cool so it’s probably a board or something. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1DCD2373-82CB-4365-A659-6162D17C0D26.jpeg
4544C613-027E-4EC7-91B6-E05507E898EE.jpeg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Planted a couple banana trees by the pool fountain. Should get 8-10 ft tall this summer.

Refinished this 12 ft pew for the entryway

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Its called a hose my friend.....

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Rebuilt the back wall of the garden shed. The T111 was shot from the snow laying against it.
Definitely not a carpenter. Wood butcher is more like it. Figuring the compound angles for the gambrel roof are a PITA.

9201 - 9218 of 9218 Posts