whipped out this rack from stuff I had laying around. The 16', 2x6s on the spans were from the crates they shipped my shop roll up doors in. The 2x6 uprights came off one of my boat trailers several years ago. I'm a cheap bastard!
Almost finished making toothpick out of this tree. Been carving on it off and on for about a month now. Too damn hot!!! And I'm too old and fat!!
Long time, a friend showed me years ago how to stack wood without end support. Every other layer the pieces on the end get stacked 90 degrees (running lengthwise) and you can have a tall stack without end support. Of course that was split wood. Haven’t tried it with rounds
The rest will be split. I'm certainly not knowledgeable about firewood. Don't have a fireplace and never have. I had to drop the tree because it kept getting in the power lines. Figured if you cut an oak down, might as well cut it into firewood and sell it or just give it away. I may try your suggestion.
Painted some pieces for the breezeway and garage hopefully going in tomorrow, a trim piece in the breezeway was rotting and the two upright jambs for the double doors in the back of the garage (that I don’t use currently) had some rot at the bottom
the paint was matched at Lowe’s based off some painted pieces that haven’t seen daylight in 21 years
also started a metal scrap pile that’ll get picked up in a few days
Well one thing led to another and I started clearing out stuff in my garage again and got the scrap people something to do today
Once I get a 3” Gorman pump housing out of the bed of my truck I’ll be hitting up the local lumber place and getting enough material to build two new 4x8 tables similar to what I have just taller and I’ll be rearranging my setup
Painted the doors last week. Got home from camping today, cleaned out the camper, then got to work hanging the doors. Office project is officially complete - now I can move the rest of my stuff in and start using it.
I had to pick up four more 2x4x8 treated boards today so the grand total was around $145 for everything, and I used some 3” star head screws which jumped it up like $25 because it was a box of 310 🤷🏼♂️
for the most part they’re both done and in place, I used some old bicycle hooks to hold my cords up for the arc makers
now the fun begins of going through everything and getting rid of what I don’t use