Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
9601 - 9620 of 9661 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Finished up 100 amp electric service connection to the new shop. No more extension cords!

Attempted to finish a/c install and the POS flare tool I bought was defective. It wasn’t cheap and had solid reviews……got a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
whipped out this rack from stuff I had laying around. The 16', 2x6s on the spans were from the crates they shipped my shop roll up doors in. The 2x6 uprights came off one of my boat trailers several years ago. I'm a cheap bastard!

Almost finished making toothpick out of this tree. Been carving on it off and on for about a month now. Too damn hot!!! And I'm too old and fat!!

Reactions: jwcgmc1985

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,153 Posts
Long time, a friend showed me years ago how to stack wood without end support. Every other layer the pieces on the end get stacked 90 degrees (running lengthwise) and you can have a tall stack without end support. Of course that was split wood. Haven’t tried it with rounds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The rest will be split. I'm certainly not knowledgeable about firewood. Don't have a fireplace and never have. I had to drop the tree because it kept getting in the power lines. Figured if you cut an oak down, might as well cut it into firewood and sell it or just give it away. I may try your suggestion.

Reactions: TexasRedNeck

·
Most Known Unknown
29,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,606 ·
Painted some pieces for the breezeway and garage hopefully going in tomorrow, a trim piece in the breezeway was rotting and the two upright jambs for the double doors in the back of the garage (that I don’t use currently) had some rot at the bottom

the paint was matched at Lowe’s based off some painted pieces that haven’t seen daylight in 21 years

also started a metal scrap pile that’ll get picked up in a few days

Table Outdoor bench Wood Wheel Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I love the white walls on the troybilt.

Reactions: jwcgmc1985

·
Most Known Unknown
29,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,609 ·
Well one thing led to another and I started clearing out stuff in my garage again and got the scrap people something to do today

Once I get a 3” Gorman pump housing out of the bed of my truck I’ll be hitting up the local lumber place and getting enough material to build two new 4x8 tables similar to what I have just taller and I’ll be rearranging my setup

5S is awesome ✅

Plant Tire Vehicle Hood Wheel
Plant Waste containment Automotive tire Asphalt Waste container

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Poured some mud today

Then built Myself a light bracket to hold a much nicer light on the trial bike

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Small piece to keep my gate rolling on concrete instead of hanging on the flimsy hinges

And I finished the approach on the east side of my property, Iv been driving over dirt between the curb and sidewalk since we moved in

·
Most Known Unknown
29,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,612 ·
Knocked out the yard work today, just need to go around and trim small limbs, shape the bushes some, and blow off the front porch

Installed a RING doorbell as well

2/3 feral cats are chilling at the moment
Fixture Shade Building Tints and shades Composite material
Shade Tints and shades Glass Darkness Automotive lighting

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Painted the doors last week. Got home from camping today, cleaned out the camper, then got to work hanging the doors. Office project is officially complete - now I can move the rest of my stuff in and start using it.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Cleaning a flooded basement.... Thanks Henri

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
What's that a $400 table? For a second thought there was a ladder rack on the truck 😂

Did you buy the pre cut? 😂 I had to unload some at the DC.

😑So your the one buying 2 foot lumber.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,618 · (Edited)
😂 nah just regular wood nothing cut up 👌🏻

I had to pick up four more 2x4x8 treated boards today so the grand total was around $145 for everything, and I used some 3” star head screws which jumped it up like $25 because it was a box of 310 🤷🏼‍♂️

for the most part they’re both done and in place, I used some old bicycle hooks to hold my cords up for the arc makers

now the fun begins of going through everything and getting rid of what I don’t use

Table Wood Desk Workbench Gas
Table Interior design Desk Automotive design Television
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bumper
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar
Table Picture frame Automotive design Desk Shelving

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
You could of cut the grill portion off that grill add a piece of plywood and have yourself a handy little tool cart.

Reactions: toxic
9601 - 9620 of 9661 Posts