Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
9661 - 9668 of 9668 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Got the siding on a couple weeks ago, today I painted. That chapter is finally done.

·
Premium Member
10,672 Posts
Got the pumpkins harvested, picked the last of the tomatoes and took down the poles, finished with the squash. Cultivated most of the rest of the garden and planted wheat as a cover crop. Still have the peppers, some beans for seed and brussel sprouts.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Got the pumpkins harvested, picked the last of the tomatoes and took down the poles, finished with the squash. Cultivated most of the rest of the garden and planted wheat as a cover crop. Still have the peppers, some beans for seed and brussel sprouts.
How many hours are you in the field per day. Your harvest is incredible to this city boy. Is this all for yourself/family or do you sell stuff too?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Had the appraisal today on my current house.

still wanting on the results for the new house.

things will be getting interesting real soon
The bubble is about to burst so hopefully you get everything squared away quick.

Just got a letter in the mail for my new tax appraisal. Although the rate went down, home value went up, so my taxes followed suit. Gotta love NJ. Our current Governor is quoted at a press conference "if taxes arent for you then we're not your state..." Reasonable i guess...

·
Registered
21,941 Posts
The bubble is about to burst so hopefully you get everything squared away quick.

Just got a letter in the mail for my new tax appraisal. Although the rate went down, home value went up, so my taxes followed suit. Gotta love NJ. Our current Governor is quoted at a press conference "if taxes arent for you then we're not your state..." Reasonable i guess...
yeah. I agree. But also it all depends on who you ask.

I personally think we hit it just right. We should be closed within 2-3 weeks on both properties.

·
Premium Member
10,672 Posts
How many hours are you in the field per day. Your harvest is incredible to this city boy. Is this all for yourself/family or do you sell stuff too?
Mostly just hobby farming for me and immediate family and some friends but do sell some of the excess. Lets just say we are well stocked for hard times. Not really big compared to some farms around here, No cattle or stock just some chickens but do raise and occasional beef and pork for butchering. You would be surprised at how much veggies you can grow in an acre or so garden. I used to grow a lot more and sell it but age is getting the best of me and my wife and the kids are grown so don't get much help as they are away working so we have cut back quite a bit. I live on my grandfathers old farm (80 acres) that ties into my fathers place but he has sold it all but 10 acres, it used to be around 500 acres and we farmed it heavy. Growing up with 9 siblings we worked from daylight till dark. with just about every farm animal you could think of.

9661 - 9668 of 9668 Posts