Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hit 255k, finally out my Fass back in after they sent me a new pump, installed a Fass Sump at the same time. Forgot how much more pep the truck has with a lift pump installed. Fuel pressure stays constant at 9psi now.
Do you have an L5P? Are any of you L5P guys running the Fass pumps? How good is the stock pump on the L5P for 600-750 hp? I know the turbo and injectors are only good to about 600, but curious about the fuel pump and what it can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Installed a WCfab passenger side intercooler pipe on the 2019 L5p. What should have been a 45 min job took 3+ hours. The top t clamp for the boot at throttle body was to small. I couldn’t make it work. I had to put a regular ss 4” clamp on for now. I ordered on that should fit. The little clip at the bottom where the pipe meets the intercooler was a PIA too. It’s a good thing you really can’t see it, because I scratched the end pretty good struggling with the clip.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I mean I have no complaints

when I was looking for an alternative to using the amsoil filters the XP came across my screen so I bought into it. Alisobob did a filter shootout back in 2019 and claimed it made the cut but did bring up the micron rating and whatnot. I also run filter mags on both the oil filter and the trans filter.

If I’m doing it wrong please tell me because I still have time to get a new filter
I’ve always keep a strong mag on the main oil filter (I have the bypass system) and one on the oil pan too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Checked the oil at 1000 miles post fresh oil and filters change. Yep, filters. I’m running the Amsoil bypass and it looks as good as it did 1k miles ago. I’m really happy with its ability to keep the oil clean. Not having certain other contaminants getting pumped back in the motor helps too

·
Registered
279 Posts
2 quarts and 18 oz. Came out.. better then I was thinking. Added 3.250 quarts. First easy job I've found on the duramax lol. Rear differential hot water does help on the pumping

Did the oil and oil filter too and grease the 8 fitting i could find. Oh well

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Did you fill until it came out the fill hole?

·
Registered
279 Posts
No that's too much only need 3.250 quarts

That’s what I thought, so I put 75/90 and filled the rear until I could just feel it with my little finger through the fill hole. I figure that’s about a 1/4”-1/2” below the fill hole. I don’t think the synthetic oil expands as much as dino, so having it up to the hole isn’t that big a deal. It might leak out if you’re checking while hot, but what else could it do? It’s not going to blow seals is it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
2 quarts and 18 oz. Came out.. better then I was thinking. Added 3.250 quarts. First easy job I've found on the duramax lol. Rear differential hot water does help on the pumping

Did the oil and oil filter too and grease the 8 fitting i could find. Oh well

So I just finished what I started the other day. Both trucks front and rear differential fluid change. The 2019 Duramax has 68k miles on it, the rear diff oil was nasty and the front was so so. I think the Chevy took just about 5.25 or 5.5 qts. The 2015 Ram has 115k miles on it, but the oil was much cleaner looking. I think the dealer did them at 60k miles when I had them do the trans fluid, but it’s still about the same mileage that the Chevy saw before a change and it was much cleaner. I think the Ram took 6 qts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
@Chanda I’m also in construction but deal mostly with metal studs and drywall on the commercial side. A 10’ 3 5/8” 20 gauge metal stud has doubled in the past 6 months. Our suppliers said guaranteed 10% increases 5/1 and 6/1.
I’m like you thinking how are so many things being built?!?! I get sent more jobs weekly to bid than I could get done if I only bid jobs 14 hours a day.
+1

·
Registered
279 Posts
Had to put 1 new battery in my 2019 L5p. The one on the drivers side was no good and after a jump I would get a few starts and that’s it. I figured I needed 2 batteries and drove all over to get 2 matching ones, but after testing both, we determined that only the one on the drivers side was bad. Now she fires fast. Is that normal that only one would go bad?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had the same problem around Thanksgiving..but it was the pass side battery. I just replaced that battery. I charged up the driver's side battery really good after I installed the new battery. Truck has been starting up great since I did that.
But always going to be ready to replace the driver's side since alot of information I was told (from the dealership employees) said both batteries should be replaced close to the same time. Or try to charge the good battery best you can to buy you a few months.
That’s what I thought, but I had the passenger side tested and it was reading good. CCA were at 760 and it had 12.1 V. I wanted to do both, but figured I was ok with one. I even bought the 2nd battery and ended up returning it after testing. I’ll probably just change it anyway. Truck starts so much better. I forgot how fast it spun over when it was new.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Son picked up the 2018 on Friday from the shop, 6.5” BDS lift, new 22” American Force wheels with 37/13.5/22 Nitto Trail Grapplers and windows tinted all around.
Got any pictures? I’m getting the BDS 6.5” with Fox coil over conversion. I can’t wait to get it done!

·
Registered
279 Posts
View attachment 1087833 View attachment 1087830 View attachment 1087831 View attachment 1087833 View attachment 1087830 View attachment 1087831
Hard for me to do the picture thing, not much service here and everything is slow. Hope I got them on here but probably not very good pictures. Truck is still in the works going to have to do some modifications on the bed.
It’s hard to zoom in on the pics and see. Did you do the coil over conversion?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, it is hotter than a pig in the oven today 95Deg plus Humidity. I had to run the Toy hauler over and flush the tanks since we got back so I took my time cleaning them up then ran the pig down the hwy. highest engine temp 221 and trans 212. And that was after I got off the hwy running surface streets. Oh well, it is what it is.
Do you have the by pass for the trans cooler? I never see temps over 160 or 170. Since I did that by pass, even pulling my 18k

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice! Great stance and no more torsion bars!
It rides like a dream!! When I picked it up, they had 40 psi in the air bags and you can see it’s raked out a little. I stopped down the road and lowered it to 10 psi and bingo! That’s the magic amount of air in the rear when not towing. I’ll have to see what it’s like when I’m loaded with the bobcat or lift and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice! Great stance and no more torsion bars!

I bought these billet AF wheels for a really good price. This is leaned up on the truck before lift was installed. I’m not sure what the off set is, but I think they will look good. I think he said they are 12.5 wide 20s and I know the tires are 37s.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know the search button but it’s being stupid this am on the phone.

2017 3500 hd 4wd

They spread to have cranked the torsion bars all the way up to fit 33’s and wide tires.

The upper control arm is now resting on the bump stop on the frame ( metal on metal) and I’m not fond of it.

Does a kognito or cryptonite level kit fix that with upper control arms?

If so what are some of your thoughts.

No lift desired. Getting old climbing into tall shit all the time

I’d rather leave the climb for work lol

Before I lifted mine I had the RC lift / level and could fit 35” just fine. Here’s a pic of the RC

I also had room to go up on the keys and no where near bottoming on the up control arms. I still have the kit and I’m selling it cheap. It got the up graded shocks. I think the kit was $1000 or $1500 and I’m selling it for cheap!! PM if you’re interested. And they are the tubular UCA.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts