Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab L5P Duramax
98 Posts
It's getting cold here outside of Chi town. Two nights ago, it got down to 15 degrees. I finally put Hot Shot's Secret Diesel Ant-gel in the fuel tank.

Reactions: Ballistic

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got a Banks iDash and Pedal Monster for Christmas and installed them today. Wow!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you tuned as well?

Any feedback on the pedal monster?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Not tuned yet but will probably get a Derringer next Spring.

I only briefly played with a few of the settings but the Pedal Monster does what it says. For example, In Track Mode on level 5, with 10 being the max, the acceleration was instant from a dead stop. The tires squealed on level 8. My wife said I will be getting a ticket.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Grill insert today... new shocks should be delivered today fox 2.0 all around for tomorrow project. First time putting shocks on

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Nice insert. Where did you get yours? WC Fab makes one for the 2019 Chevy Duramax but not the 2019 GMC Duramax. :( I ordered one from Mountains2Metal. I'll post pic after it gets installed.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you guys know about the mountains to metal with the hole for a NOCO AC cord receptacle? Super clean block heater setup...
Grill
Yea but just like with WC Fab, none for the 2019 GMC Dmax. :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you guys know about the mountains to metal with the hole for a NOCO AC cord receptacle? Super clean block heater setup...
Grill
I know their website isn't the best, but are you sure about that?
GMC grill
Yea, I saw those but I don't want plain, I don't have a Denali and I don't like the M2M Hex. It did, however, give me an idea to mount a NOCO plug nearby on the front bumper.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Installed the M2M front bumper grille insert. Also added DEF for the first time since getting the truck back in June 2020.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Replaced the wiper blades...went with Bosch Envision. I also routed the engine block heater cord so it sticks out where the lower windshield meets near the back of the hood. I waited too long but my plan is to route the cord to the front bumper and install a Noco plug. I'll be plugging in the truck on these upcoming cold Chi town nights.

·
Registered
98 Posts
@Midwest Cruiser , have you seen these? They have several different designs including anyone looking for a chevy one. I have one, and it works awesome with the noco plug.
I have seen them. They don't make one with the Noco hole that says Duramax and I don't like the plain one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Little by little, I'm replacing the incandescent bulbs with LED's. Today, I changed out the license plate bulbs. What a difference.

Reactions: ChevyDMax89

·
Registered
98 Posts
Replaced the halogen reverse lights with Lasfit LED's...did the passenger side first then the driver's side, so you can see the difference.

I already did the license plate lights.

Tomorrow, I'll switch out the Center High Mount lights.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did this yesterday after dark.

DeeZee bed mat and SS exhaust tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey McSpeed or anyone reading this...any chance the rubber mat will wear through a factory or Line-x spray-on bed liner like it or a drop in liner would wear through paint?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Replaced the halogen bulbs in the Center High Mount light housing. The cargo LED's worked perfectly but found out the third brake light didn't work and probably hasn't worked for a while. I put the halogen bulb back in, and with my wife on the brake pedal, still no light. Tried a different halogen bulb, still no joy. Checked the fuse, it was good. Checked the bulb socket, no juice. So somewhere between the brake pedal switch and the bulb socket, there is a disconnect. At my next dealer freebie oil change, I'll have them fix that under warranty. Here are pics of the reverse cargo, license plate and mirror puddle lights.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I cleaned all the salt off the floor mats. They look almost brand new and are ready for the rest of a Chicago Winter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I will check the trailer fuses but I found, in the manual, fuse #38 in the under hood fuse box is for the CHM third brake light.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I finally installed the Wehrli trans cooler bypass plug. I immediately noticed a 20 to 30 degree drop.

Reactions: 1lunger

·
Registered
98 Posts
Added DEF.

Reactions: dsmspick

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
For months, there's been this rattle in front of the overhead compartment, where the dome light switch is. It sounded like a marble was rolling around. I finally removed the switch panel and there was a Phillip's screw lying there. It looked like it was one of the screws that would hold up the overhead compartment but I did not see where anything was missing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts