Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

37821 - 37840 of 44680 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
My LBZ went into reduced engine power mode this morning.

Pulled out the scan tool and found p2138 - accelerator pedal position sensor.

Unplugged the connector blew it out with some compressed air and lubed it up. REP went away and I drove it for about 30 miles with no problems.

I'll get a replacement ordered and ready to go whenever it acts up again. My neighbor who owns a shop priced it out at $62.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
Put the topcoat on the diff/axle and driveshaft. Reinstalled exhaust and shocks. Desperately need shocks, but they’ll have to wait for now. I’ll put the driveshaft in in the morning, then out of the garage she goes!

That looks great. Wanna do mine next?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Set up a work light to dry out the carpet.

I can’t even begin to imagine what the fuck they were smoking at Chevy when they designed the floor mat with an open spot right under the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Well, today I had a no fly day and yesterday I received my 30" resonator/muffler from FTE.

I spent less than 1 hour with my truck in the hanger and have the resonator installed. WOW, what a difference, the drone is gone.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Ryan, might as well get some new shocks and a new exhaust while you are in there....

:thumb

Yeah, well... not in the budget at the moment.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Well, today I had a no fly day and yesterday I received my 30" resonator/muffler from FTE.

I spent less than 1 hour with my truck in the hanger and have the resonator installed. WOW, what a difference, the drone is gone.

Did you notice any difference in over all sound? I wouldn’t mind losing the drone but the note of the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
9,563 Posts
Filled the 01 up with fuel and got the new steering stabilizer installed.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Installed my Edge EGT probe and wired it all up, mounted and ran all my wiring for my Plow, and installed the frame mounts for the ultra mount. Re-routed the block heater chord so it will reach the front grill. reinstalled my passenger inner fender well liner. Then started working on my exhaust which I had installed a few weeks ago, but because of time was not all aligned correctly. I ended up cutting out 3 inches after the muffler axle pipe and 2 inch off the end so the tip is at an appropriate height. I also installed a new SS tip. Because of my PCV reroute Hose freezing up a few weeks ago, the Pressure blew my dipstick tube out and left 2 quarts of oil on the driveway, I cleaned up the mess and power washed he engine. Now today while doing the exhaust I fins motor oil in the pipes and dripping from the seams at the muffler. It was super late and dark when I got done so I will look at the oil level in the morning. Hope I did not blow seals out of the turbo.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,346 Posts
2008 Silverado Gasser:
Pulled one of the compressors out that had burned wires and inspected it

Going to replace both to be safe as well as the main relay

20180121_183844.jpg

20180121_183854.jpg

20180121_190916.jpg

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Drove it over to visit mom and grandma, then topped off with 11.2 gallons of fuel at $2.99/gal. Barrel prices are going up so I guess fuel at the pump does too. I also crawled up under to look at the weep hole on the water pump after that job, and it is all dry :) ... Coolant level still in the same spot it was, so I am happy to see that. I also wiped down the interior and vacuumed the carpet. Now if I could just get to doing the outside.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Anyone have details for the 4 wires into the 6blade harness for the brake controller? Got the pigtail for the p3 wired up and was checking that the signal was coming through before plugging in the controller and found I have 12v from red to white when pressing the pedal, but black to white is always 0.

Continuity checks out on all 4 of my connections and multimeter reads 0 ohms along my wiring job.

A different blade in the truck's side is always-hot... Where the existing harness had no wire

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Anyone have details for the 4 wires into the 6blade harness for the brake controller? Got the pigtail for the p3 wired up and was checking that the signal was coming through before plugging in the controller and found I have 12v from red to white when pressing the pedal, but black to white is always 0.

Continuity checks out on all 4 of my connections and multimeter reads 0 ohms along my wiring job.

A different blade in the truck's side is always-hot... Where the existing harness had no wire

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I know on mine, the wires don’t match color for color. You have to match them by what the documentation says (if you didn’t). And there is one extra wire in the truck harness for dimming that you won’t need.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Did you notice any difference in over all sound? I wouldn’t mind losing the drone but the note of the exhaust.

I don't notice much difference at the exhaust tip but the horrible drone is gone. I can actually have a conversation with my wife without having to raise our voices to be heard.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rebuilt my fuel filter housing after it stalled on me last week.

Took about 40 minutes total. Now the truck starts much quicker and NO more hand pumping.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Replaced both t stats and coolant flush back up to normal operating temp

37821 - 37840 of 44680 Posts