Premium Member
180 Posts
Listed it for sale. :(

·
Registered
744 Posts
Listed it for sale. :(

I’m not too far behind you..

I tried to charge the batteries (2 hours on each battery) to use it today and apparently both batteries are bad.. so I guess I’ll replace them (bought them in Jan ‘17) before I try to sell it. Ordered three door latches so the dome light will turn off when you open the doors..

I love the truck. I don’t WANT to sell it, I just don’t NEED it anymore.. And it sitting not being driven is going to be the death of it... :(

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Hopefully you can get the batteries prorated. They've jumped in $$$ the last couple years.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hopefully you can get the batteries prorated. They've jumped in $$$ the last couple years.

I’m going to try to. The Optima’s (red tops) weren’t cheap to begin with!

Hopefully I can get NAPA to check their system for record of the sale, because I don’t think I kept the receipt...

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Hope it works out. How about checking your credit card statements?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hope it works out. How about checking your credit card statements?

That is a great suggestion, I found the transaction! Thank you!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,346 Posts
Found that my steering idler arm has play.Wore out at 40k.
Not sure what to replace it with?
ROCK AUTO.com, Moog replacement

i have one on my workbench along with a new Moog pitman arm and inner/outer QA1 heims ready to go on

·
Registered
702 Posts
I cleaned the cooling stack the other day. Little advice. Don't throw all the bolts in one one pile. I got it back together and had a hand full left over. Had to take all apart again and figure out where they went.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Well the week is half over fellas.

8 hours today in crane operating/rigging training... Not real sure why the programmer computer jockey was in it, but oh well.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Filled up at $3.05/gal. for a whopping 13.94 mpg all in town stop n go driving, and hand calculated of course (dash says 17.1... I wish!!!) Crazy how far off the numbers can be...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Filled up at $3.05/gal. for a whopping 13.94 mpg all in town stop n go driving, and hand calculated of course (dash says 17.1... I wish!!!) Crazy how far off the numbers can be...
My MYOB is telling me I'm spending 7% less on diesel that this time last year, I know diesel is dearer and I'm doing a lot more kms so the Silverado is definitely more fuel efficient than the 4.0l common rail Hino truck

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Used it to drive my mother in law to her eye doctor appointment. Only reason I took my truck was so I could scare her with my max effort tune....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Purchased and installed new body style mirrors from Boost Auto Parts yesterday.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Purchased and installed new body style mirrors from Boost Auto Parts yesterday.

How do you like them? How was the install? I've been looking at them but am on the fence. Good reviews, but kinda pricey (not compared to dealer of course), but I think they'd look sick on my 06.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,281 Posts
They fit symmetrically on @Motodrew's GMC, but just last evening out on a multi-lane, slower '05 Chev not 'Driving-Right->', had to pass on the right side.

Had the new style mirror upgrade on it and it looked all wrong, Just didn't fit with the OBS, didn't look good at all, like a tacky add-on from JC Whitney.

Oh, and maybe they didn't have a good view point either, 'cause he/she drifted in to my lane (no signal) when my front bumper was beside the new mirror. Finally noticed and swerved back.

THEN they used a signal and moved Right-> in behind me. Maybe just inattentive and the mirrors' do see. But they just didn't look right. Too square of a box on a rounded edge body style.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Last few days I have been cleaning under the truck, long overdue to get out some of the packed in sand and grease. Since I am my own mechanic I like to keep the grease manageable. Cleaned the fuel cooler also.

Removed the front lower air dam between radiator support and cross member....found several grease fittings on suspension idlers that I never knew were there, so greased all fittings and cleaned out more gunk. Going to check diff oil levels also and thinking about trans drain/fill and filter since I have 100k miles on filter and fluid is probably original with 290k miles.

R&R'ed PS pump as part of troubleshooting of belt noise, pushed the pulley on extra deep to make sure it is in plane with the AC pulley per the tech bulletin on belt noise. Been chasing this noise for 2 years with no real progress. Is intermittent and only happens with AC on, and only at idle or slightly above. Sounds, seriously like a bad wet fart....happens for few seconds and goes away...usually but not always will only happen when hot. PS pump made no difference, same with belt changes, but pump was gladly warrantied by the parts house with no questions. Questioning AC clutch for the noise but the NAPA one didn't fit and it seems a complete compressor with clutch is cheaper than a new clutch alone....weird. I have a wifi cam mounted to watch the ac compressor while running but of course now it won't make the noise.

Was looking for a new used Duramax truck but just blown away by the prices. Trucks that invoiced new for 37k in 2011 seem to be still worth 32k, which is just insane and completely opposite of the usual rule where vehicles lose so much value as soon as they are driven off the lot. Driven by the crazy high cost of new I guess. So I may keep mine for a long time.

2005 Sierra 2500HD

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
How do you like them? How was the install? I've been looking at them but am on the fence. Good reviews, but kinda pricey (not compared to dealer of course), but I think they'd look sick on my 06.
They fit symmetrically on @Motodrew's GMC, but just last evening out on a multi-lane, slower '05 Chev not 'Driving-Right->', had to pass on the right side.

Had the new style mirror upgrade on it and it looked all wrong, Just didn't fit with the OBS, didn't look good at all, like a tacky add-on from JC Whitney.

Oh, and maybe they didn't have a good view point either, 'cause he/she drifted in to my lane (no signal) when my front bumper was beside the new mirror. Finally noticed and swerved back.

THEN they used a signal and moved Right-> in behind me. Maybe just inattentive and the mirrors' do see. But they just didn't look right. Too square of a box on a rounded edge body style.
I don't know Hookem, I think mine (and others) look pretty good. They will be angled like any other tow mirror added onto these year trucks, but they can be leveled out fairly easily. And they are all plug and play, except for the reverse spotlights, but those too can be wired easily.

Attachments

39661 - 39680 of 44697 Posts