Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41741 - 41760 of 44694 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Since this is such an active thread does anybody know the part number for the O-ring that goes on this coolant tube into the block
Universal o-ring sets are available all over the place. They can be had in neoprene, viton, silicone and just about any other material you might want. I have several sets but my go-to is a couple of drawers in my parts bin that have small and large o-rings in them.

I have collected these from many sources. Every time I do a head set on an injected engine it comes with a set of o-rings for the injectors but usually the injectors don't have to come out so I wind up with dozens of these. Many gasket sets come with extra o-rings that are intended for another application or for something I didn't take apart this time. Water pumps, fuel system parts and many other parts come with extra gaskets and o-rings. I save them all and I rarely have to buy an individual o-ring any more.

Some people get all upset if the o-ring isn't exactly like the one that came out. I have found that if it fits the id and od of the parts involved or if it is in a groove and stands proud of the groove then it will seal.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Universal o-ring sets are available all over the place. They can be had in neoprene, viton, silicone and just about any other material you might want. I have several sets but my go-to is a couple of drawers in my parts bin that have small and large o-rings in them.

I have collected these from many sources. Every time I do a head set on an injected engine it comes with a set of o-rings for the injectors but usually the injectors don't have to come out so I wind up with dozens of these. Many gasket sets come with extra o-rings that are intended for another application or for something I didn't take apart this time. Water pumps, fuel system parts and many other parts come with extra gaskets and o-rings. I save them all and I rarely have to buy an individual o-ring any more.

Some people get all upset if the o-ring isn't exactly like the one that came out. I have found that if it fits the id and od of the parts involved or if it is in a groove and stands proud of the groove then it will seal.

Thank you for this info! I will have to find a few sets to keep around and begin collecting them myself, as i always seem to need O-Rings while doing random jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
New Key Fob. Pretty slick product.

IMG_0633.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sweet! Who makes that one? I’ve been looking for something similar for an OBS LML fob.

New Key Fob. Pretty slick product.

[iurl="https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1033165&stc=1&d=1547783447"]
[/iurl]

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
Drove the 01 to work again, 3 days in a row. Woo Hoo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet! Who makes that one? I’ve been looking for something similar for an OBS LML fob.

Ajt Design was this one, looks like they just have a product for 2014+

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Installed my factory parking sensors into the new bumper, also found a spot to mount the factory fog lights that have diode dynamic LED bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
That's a helll of a bumper ^^^^
Changed the FASS filters for the first time this morning. Went with Baldwin filter/water separator.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Called about 50 stores looking for a part, and tightened up my ubolts.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Called about 50 stores looking for a part, and tightened up my ubolts.
We tend to forget about how things were done before the internet. I can remember sitting at the kitchen table with the yellow pages open to the car parts section and a note pad next to it while I called every listing there to find the parts I needed. I haven't done that for many years but it used to be the only way.

Now I spend a few minutes with a duckduckgo search, then a few more checking out all of the open tabs and then wait a few days for the part to arrive, assuming I didn't find it on a local parts store's site. I don't know if I spend any less time searching for the parts but I'm more certain that I got the best deals and the right parts.

I remember spending hours going through the JCWhitney and Summit racing catalogs. Now I just go to their online pages. RockAuto is my go to parts store these days. The world has changed.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,274 Posts
When you spend a lot of time searching/researching, you can sure tell the difference with the duck vs the goog payoff system for topic relevancy.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Don't drop it on your toe.

I've never used duckduckgo, maybe I'll give it a duckduckgo... Teehee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I think you get more thorough results fro google but I've become something of a privacy fanatic. I just don't like how intrusive the world has become. I mainly use duckduckgo because they don't keep track of me. If I don't find what I want there then I use google. There are some other options but yahoo, bing and many others are either just as bad for privacy as google or are actually front ends for google or some other tracking search engine. There are some other search engines that are worth considering but this is a truck forum so that's enough said about that.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,274 Posts
Tracking, yeah no bueno. Plus, I don't wanna feed the evil Empire.
I also hate the goog propensity to waste my time with 3rd party searchers designed to appear as an actual source.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
UPS man always bringing shiny gifts.

It must be fun to be a UPS man sometimes. I bet people are always telling them how glad they are to see them. It must be like being Santa all year round.

Of course there will be lots of people who complain about why they didn't come yesterday or some such but I still think it would be fun in a way.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It must be fun to be a UPS man sometimes. I bet people are always telling them how glad they are to see them. It must be like being Santa all year round.

Of course there will be lots of people who complain about why they didn't come yesterday or some such but I still think it would be fun in a way.
Up untill you run into a mean, bloodthirsty, evil, man-eating, mongrel hell bent on eating your face >:)

We live in a rural area and pretty much only have one guy. Our long time driver retired last year, he was a dog person, carried treats on his truck and every time he made a delivery I would have to drag my dog off his truck so he could leave. He retired last year and the first time the new guy came to my house he pulls up, throws the truck in park and disappears into the back. As he’s stepping out the door he runs head on into my 125lbs Great Dane. Driver screams like a girl, trips backward over the seat and winds up in the floor of the truck kicking wildly to fend off this killer beast. My dog was severely abused by his first owner so when the driver screamed he wheeled around and ran for his life with his tail tucked. I almost passed out, laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe :rofl:rof. Turns out new guy is scared of big dogs, I think he got into a bad line of work 'dunno;

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Hit 130k in my LBZ this week, greased the front end, rotate the tires, up to about 47k on this set, maybe they'll last another 20k or so. Also installed some new led drl

·
Registered
17,568 Posts
Hit 130k in my LBZ this week, greased the front end, rotate the tires, up to about 47k on this set, maybe they'll last another 20k or so. Also installed some new led drl
I'm at 101k bama

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

41741 - 41760 of 44694 Posts