Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

42821 - 42840 of 44689 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Installed my iDash. Trying to figure out which gauges I want. Anyone have an issue with the read out flickering? More like the digits are doing the wave.

Does it have a good ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed my iDash. Trying to figure out which gauges I want. Anyone have an issue with the read out flickering? More like the digits are doing the wave.
True gauges do "flicker" or bounce around a bit, as the engines running or if you're running it hard everything's moving pretty good and vibrating pretty well. That's why the first thing you do on a vehicle you care about is probably put true gauges on it because dash gauges are designed to not Flicker and honestly not show accurate reading. The idea is when someone doesn't know about Motors, and they see the coolant gauge going down and up while they're driving, Auto Engineers want that driver to take it to the shop

·
Most Known Unknown
29,346 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
Cleaned the truck up minus vacuuming it and took it to my bosses crawfish boil, even cleaned the door jambs!

So happy it’s clean, dirty trucks make me depressed!

Next would be cleaning under the hood and working on getting some parts I have laying around installed..
63848CBC-269A-49DF-836E-1C5681ECCEAB.jpg

A78BC5C0-5452-4D1A-B2CB-1D52995C18C4.jpg

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
Cleaned the truck up minus vacuuming it and took it to my bosses crawfish boil, even cleaned the door jambs!

So happy it’s clean, dirty trucks make me depressed!

Next would be cleaning under the hood and working on getting some parts I have laying around installed..
And the amazing thing is that removing the dirt makes the truck run smoother, get better fuel mileage and adds 30 HP. I don't know how it works but it does.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,346 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
Used it to pick up a freebie
-125cc 2 pump chump Husqvarna

Crackin’ Pills and Makin’ Deals Boy!
537319AD-E792-45CB-863B-AA2283436B33.jpg

A6523A59-74A7-4371-A53E-0112CCD448DD.jpg

D00C83AF-1793-4C6D-8B26-2C7E009D822C.jpg

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Gonna put that 125 on a chainsaw?

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Truck has had slow speed braking pulsing for a week now. Pulled both ABS Sensors and cleaned them, no discernible change.

So, even though at 126,000 the hubs seemed tight, I ordered two new Moog hubs with.the sensors included. I actually thought about just getting the hubs first but thought Id risk a couple hours labor. Wasted time as it turns out.

Found a good deal on them, $227 for two delivered. Genuine Moog Parts.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,346 Posts
Gonna put that 125 on a chainsaw?
Actually want to do this :)

Ever since I saw this video on YouTube I was convinced to build one!

Go to 4:15 in the video

751C7F4E-BFBA-48D7-85FC-EDCA9B5089B6.jpg

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Can't beat a 2 stroke!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gave it a quick bath yesterday. Seems like the paint flaking is getting worse. What is it with GM and white paint? It can't be that hard to get right. Has anyone had any luck getting GM to fix anything like this? Truck has just under 60k miles, is a 2015, and is far from abused. Theres absolutely no reason this should be happening, and no way in hell its from rock chips. I'm the second owner, not sure if that will matter to them.

Also this started BEFORE the wide wheels went on, when it was still on stockers.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Took another camping trip with it, and sadly never thought to get a picture of the truck and camper.

I know, I’m disappointed in myself.

Did great. Did a little test with and without the equalizer weight distribution hitch and there was a noticeable difference in ride quality with the bars attached, seemed much smoother with the bars than without.

Even though I don’t really need them, I’ll continue to use them for any high speed driving (I do take them off in curvy campground roads as they were a little noisy, though some grease on the head seems to have quietened it down).

Was fun doing a full lock turn in the cul-de-sac at the end of the campground in the dark, having to back up even to get a tighter turn out of it, (I’d have not been able to do this without the truck’s rear view camera, I was mere inches away from the bumper).

I’d have never thought a long bed dually would turn a 32’ travel trailer in that small of a spot, but it did.

I did get the clevis pin fr8terfxr had mentioned in the camper towing pics thread and this worked great at keeping the cord out of the way, even worked after I’d wrapped the pipe insulation around the cord.

Had to stop and clean the shorts out however....

Was leaving on the park entrance road (unlined road with a speed limit of 25, but that’s too fast for a full size truck and camper really) approaching a right hand corner and here comes a Cummins with some shirtless dude and a cowboy hat barreling around it with a 25’+ travel trailer in tow taking up the entire road.

So I slammed on the brakes, anti-locks on front working overtime, and kept hugging the ditch line waiting for impact. Probably lucky I didn’t slide the front end into him.

He jerks it over to his curb, but wasn’t slowing down much, until his trailer was at my front fender, then he seemed to finally realize the predicament his sh1tty driving had put us into and slammed on his brakes, by that time though I was stopped.

He got slowed down enough to get by me, him checking his mirror seeing if he’d cleared me, and my hand thrown out my window showing my sheer displeasure at his driving abilities.

The rest of the trip home was uneventful, and now the LMM is down getting the bi-yearly oil and filter change in preparation for the next trip.

And ordered up some pto plate gaskets from merchant, hopefully that’ll stop the slightly seeping Allison.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Over the last 2 weeks, installed the Edge CTS2 Insight, changed the oil and installed the 5" exhaust. Still need to change the fuel filter one of these days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,563 Posts
Drove the 01 to work again, son ordered tranny tunes and a Edge CTS 2 for the 2011.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
How often do you change your fass filters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do it yearly. Or 15/30k miles what ever comes first. I usually drive about 15k miles a year so it fall in line with the yearly filters changes. I also have a pressure gauge I watch every now and then. If I see the pressure dropping I would change them.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,273 Posts
:eek:
Oh, the horror!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I put a new one in my company truck today, it’s Mossy Oak camo, matches the seat covers, cause nothing screams redneck goober like camo all over the interior :rofl

42821 - 42840 of 44689 Posts