Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

42861 - 42880 of 44710 Posts

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
What all did you use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blue Coral in foam gun and wash bucket to wash the truck. While it's still wet mothers speed clay 2.0 with meguiars wash plus to clay and polish at the same time. Turtle wax seal and shine to finished it off. Again I'm fighting time and sunlight.

If I had time and shade I would take my time and break out the buffer and at least do a polish. The Blue Coral soap has been doing good for me. Yes it's cheap but it's affective and it works to get the paint clean and remove road grime. The speed clay is fast and while using the meguires soap it lightly polishes and strips the paint of old waxes and sealants. I have been trying meguiars hybrid ceramic wax but decided to try the turtle way seal and shine this time. Since I didn't do a "real " polish, I wanted to do something quick a give it a little protection. I do have other "better" products but this is what I used this time.

I don't buy into the product branding hype. I just use what works for me and is affective to get the results I want in the time I have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally opened the exhaust up fully on the LBZ. Removed the cat about a year ago and Friday had the stock muffler removed and put in a Jones turbine (aerodyne) non resonator. Went with that one solely for the low exhaust note, don't buy into the vacuum effect they advertise (more on that in a minute). Wish I had an EGT gauge to be able to say how much it helped, but haven't gotten a tune yet so haven't done the EGT either.
So far I like it. It has a bit of a rumble to it when you first start it, but the hiss really doesn't seem much more than what removing the cat did to it (I hate that hissing sound). Other than a slightly lower exhaust sound to it, you can barely tell with normal driving except for more turbo noise, really sounds good when you let off suddenly and the turbo spools down. Definitely sounds nice and aggressive when you stand on it and get the rpms up over 2.5k. I do wonder if the vacuum they advertise isn't happening inconsistently, as sometimes when I stand on it I will just hear a nice low exhaust note but other times a much louder rushing air noise seems to accompany the exhaust note. Beats me why it is different sometimes, I would think the turbo vanes would open the same every time you stand on it?
Just around town driving so far, so can't speak as to if the fuel mileage changed at all, how it's going to be for drone at highway speeds or what it will sound like with the trailer hooked up...doubt it will bother me in the slightest though after coming from a 2nd gen cummins with a straight pipe on it and enjoying the way that sounded when you stood on it. Best of both worlds with the new one, fairly quiet at idle and normal driving but wakes right up when you get on it.
Now she's ready for EGR blocker plate, mild tow tune, and an EGT gauge of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yesterday I did a full front end lube and inspection, changed engine oil, oil filter, spin-on trans filter, air filter, and fuel filter. I took off and cleaned the air box as well. I successfully avoided an oil bath during the oil change 😁, and bought a Fumoto valve to put on for my next service. This is my first diesel and loving my '08 LMM!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks damn good. I remember seeing your truck on IG. I need to do more cutting to get mine lower also. The OBS LMLs don't have near the room the NBS LMLs do.
Looks so much better!! Love it...

Thanks y'all! I honestly was surprised I could let the bars down as far as I did, there's a ton of stuff that can be cut out in the back of the fender. I have some more shaving to do up front so it doesn't rub in reverse, but then I'll have full clearance lock to lock. Then its on to welding in some new smooth sheetmetal and see if I can find a way to reshape the fender liners.

·
Premium Member
8,495 Posts
Thanks y'all! I honestly was surprised I could let the bars down as far as I did, there's a ton of stuff that can be cut out in the back of the fender. I have some more shaving to do up front so it doesn't rub in reverse, but then I'll have full clearance lock to lock. Then its on to welding in some new smooth sheetmetal and see if I can find a way to reshape the fender liners.

Exactly, there’s a ton there that is extra anyway!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Finally opened the exhaust up fully on the LBZ. Removed the cat about a year ago and Friday had the stock muffler removed and put in a Jones turbine (aerodyne) non resonator. Went with that one solely for the low exhaust note, don't buy into the vacuum effect they advertise (more on that in a minute). Wish I had an EGT gauge to be able to say how much it helped, but haven't gotten a tune yet so haven't done the EGT either.
So far I like it. It has a bit of a rumble to it when you first start it, but the hiss really doesn't seem much more than what removing the cat did to it (I hate that hissing sound). Other than a slightly lower exhaust sound to it, you can barely tell with normal driving except for more turbo noise, really sounds good when you let off suddenly and the turbo spools down. Definitely sounds nice and aggressive when you stand on it and get the rpms up over 2.5k. I do wonder if the vacuum they advertise isn't happening inconsistently, as sometimes when I stand on it I will just hear a nice low exhaust note but other times a much louder rushing air noise seems to accompany the exhaust note. Beats me why it is different sometimes, I would think the turbo vanes would open the same every time you stand on it?
Just around town driving so far, so can't speak as to if the fuel mileage changed at all, how it's going to be for drone at highway speeds or what it will sound like with the trailer hooked up...doubt it will bother me in the slightest though after coming from a 2nd gen cummins with a straight pipe on it and enjoying the way that sounded when you stood on it. Best of both worlds with the new one, fairly quiet at idle and normal driving but wakes right up when you get on it.
Now she's ready for EGR blocker plate, mild tow tune, and an EGT gauge of course.
I have one on my truck, original aero muffler, I think it's perfect for me, it sounds nice and rumbly but not loud until you need to be loud.
Tony did the rumble tune so I have no hiss

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Calling on the truck gods
I'm still trying to get front rotors
Sorry for metric but everything here is listed that way
Story is every listing from every supplier specs up 325mm
My rotors are 355mm
Question is, is 2wd different sizing or are all our specs wrong?
My truck is a 13
Cheers

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Calling on the truck gods

I'm still trying to get front rotors

Sorry for metric but everything here is listed that way

Story is every listing from every supplier specs up 325mm

My rotors are 355mm

Question is, is 2wd different sizing or are all our specs wrong?

My truck is a 13

Cheers
Looking at Rock Auto 2wd and 4wd take the same rotor. 14 inch's = 355.6 mm

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Looking at Rock Auto 2wd and 4wd take the same rotor. 14 inch's = 355.6 mm
Thanks mate
All our listings must be wrong
Does the 14inch rotor go all the way through to the new trucks?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Oh I bet the charge the shit outta you to do it to

It didn't look too bad
100 bucks for 2 rotors ain't that bad
Intercooler pipe was 200 and that ain't even heavy

·
Registered
156 Posts

Scored this on Craigslist!