Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

43101 - 43120 of 44710 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,297 Posts
Had to come off holiday on Friday for an ASAP commercial building AC parts rush to Port Arthur and back....8+ hours @ 80+ thru the H-town summer heat...and my AC froze up 'bout 30 mins from base. 'dunno;

I thought,
"Hmmm...that's strange. Cabin Filters, along with Brake & PS fluid flush done back on the Spring list."

Then I walked in thru the mud room and noticed an open box from Rock laying there....with the fresh cabin filters still in their bag. :nerd:

They work much better....if you actually install 'em. :wink2:

1st time to use the acDelco filters...and always will now.
They just slipped/glided right in, with no restrictions.
ACD # CF104
GM #19257782
$14.75 @ Rock....and there's a $5 mail-in rebate thru 7-31.
Can't beat less than $10/set.
:grin2:

Unlike the $28 WIX filters I had been running since the added Cabin Filter Mod was done. It's what the Irish stocked locally.
You fight those to get 'em to squeeze in, then as you can see on the used set pic, they're all distorted and wrinkled up from being crushed in to fit.

And...crushed in, they don't fully cover the evap coil, letting dirt get thru.
Sprayed some 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment on it to clean.

And a pic of the nasty.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Finally found a few minutes to weld in my replacement bed tie down I bought 4 months ago. Did weld through primer before and after. Then sealed it with undercoat... Salt is a pain in the a$$ out here!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My ‘Murika Emblem Upgrade

IMG_2255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Had to come off holiday on Friday for an ASAP commercial building AC parts rush to Port Arthur and back....8+ hours @ 80+ thru the H-town summer heat...and my AC froze up 'bout 30 mins from base. 'dunno;

I thought,
"Hmmm...that's strange. Cabin Filters, along with Brake & PS fluid flush done back on the Spring list."

Then I walked in thru the mud room and noticed an open box from Rock laying there....with the fresh cabin filters still in their bag. :nerd:

They work much better....if you actually install 'em. :wink2:

1st time to use the acDelco filters...and always will now.
They just slipped/glided right in, with no restrictions.
ACD # CF104
GM #19257782
$14.75 @ Rock....and there's a $5 mail-in rebate thru 7-31.
Can't beat less than $10/set.
:grin2:

Unlike the $28 WIX filters I had been running since the added Cabin Filter Mod was done. It's what the Irish stocked locally.
You fight those to get 'em to squeeze in, then as you can see on the used set pic, they're all distorted and wrinkled up from being crushed in to fit.

And...crushed in, they don't fully cover the evap coil, letting dirt get thru.
Sprayed some 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment on it to clean.

And a pic of the nasty.
The good news is they did their job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where did you find that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its just a sticker, unfortunately it probably won’t last too long as the factory bowtie has the bump texture on it, obviously not ideal for a sticker.

Ordered them from these guys:

https://etsy.me/2XyvMpy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,297 Posts
Finally got the fuel filters changed out....runnin' hard, 3-4 weeks now past when the DIC % ran out. Threw a couple fuel limps in there too.
15,894 miles on the two.

What a diff towing today. Creamy smooth.

Really liking this new filter wrench....LOTS of leverage to break 'em loose.

I don't know who this guy with a sword fetish is, but he had a deal on Baldwin fuel filters. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
2001 Sierra Cummins:
Reinstalled the fuel plunger delete plate
Reinstalled the stack
Reinstalled the oil pressure line

Only to try and start it and NOTHING!

One at a time the batteries are charging :(

7B50097A-3D1F-4810-A590-2771DB4061C7.jpg

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Finally got the fuel filters changed out....runnin' hard, 3-4 weeks now past when the DIC % ran out. Threw a couple fuel limps in there too.
15,894 miles on the two.

I don't know who this guy with a sword fetish is, but he had a deal on Baldwin fuel filters. :grin2:
You put your filters on tight enough to use that thing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,297 Posts
You put your filters on tight enough to use that thing?
Specs on the canister side state 1 turn after contact on the FWS, and 3/4 turn on the secondary BF7633.

I've pulled out fine machinist tools to accurately measure that full turn I've done by hand only. (anal overload) Verifying I wasn't doing it wrong.

I oil lube the gasket (per instructions) and the center loose O ring, but that thing just will not break loose after 10-15k miles. A conventional band clamp style wrench that I've used for over 17 years for the stock Dmax filter, the swivel handle bent 90* trying to break it loose....that was with 2 guys and 4 hands on it. 'dunno;

3/8 drive band clamp, I step it up to the 3/4 driver breaker.....it turns the round canister into a square can. :teehee

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
15,894 miles on the two.

I get mine from the same place. Cheapest I can find and if you order $50 worth the shipping is free.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
2001 Sierra Cummins:
Fought, fought, and fought some more replacing one compressor under the cab, then after the compressors wouldn’t stop running I replaced a burned up solenoid, sweated all day like crazy only to do it right when I get home up until time for a shower and go to bed :(

40934B2B-9143-46A7-B849-35E25866D785.jpg

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This happened, it's a bit like one of your kids turning 10
Dunno why but when I attach it it goes blurry
100,000mi anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
This happened, it's a bit like one of your kids turning 10
Dunno why but when I attach it it goes blurry
100,000mi anyway
Miles driven are totally arbitrary. The Odometer could read kilometers, nautical miles or parsecs for that matter. Still it seems to matter when the numbers all line up just so. Even though there is nothing cosmically more important about one number than another number it does seem to matter to us.

Congrats.

Now when it gets to 282,817.2 it will be significant, naturally. At 295,141.3 that will be a nice round number. The question is, why?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Didn’t have much planned on Independance day, so I spent the day doing drop shackles, removing the overloads, and installing airbags on the dually. Rides quite a bit better empty, as well as loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need to do that too. Mine rides like a covered wagon

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
Thanks to Ensign DRLG

2001 Sierra Cummins:

Left the battery charger on 2 amp all day and both batteries were charged when I got home, starts up realllllll nice now!

In other news, Hook'em_Horns....can you guess what I’m doing this weekend and where I won’t be? :(

8B32DD06-F42B-44D9-863A-8390D3372BCB.jpg

FDE9FCAB-E104-4168-931A-5C6C0917CFD4.jpeg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
It’s monotonous for sure..

This particular 5” HWDP order is 88 joints with smooth X on the centers and SLB proprietary wire on the TJ’s..... talking 4x CWP per hour and 6 TJ’s per hour...solo

Slow turners trying to keep a good weld profile :)

I’m more partial to 5” DP running 3 bands and getting 9 joints an hour!

·
Registered
619 Posts
It’s monotonous for sure..

This particular 5” HWDP order is 88 joints with smooth X on the centers and SLB proprietary wire on the TJ’s..... talking 4x CWP per hour and 6 TJ’s per hour...solo

Slow turners trying to keep a good weld profile :)

I’m more partial to 5” DP running 3 bands and getting 9 joints an hour!
Um.....yup :teehee I have no ideal what the hell you just said but somebodies gotta drill the hole in the first place for me to swoop in and work my swab rig magic :thumb

Test swabbed an old vertical well today. Landowner came over to be nosy and it BLEW HIS MIND when I told him that one was 2,810’ deep, and I was running a big steel bar to the bottom of it and jerking salt water out. Mind blown again when I told him I had 7,500’ of cable on my rig.....I didn’t even tell him about the stuff down your way :surprise:

43101 - 43120 of 44710 Posts