Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

43141 - 43160 of 44704 Posts

·
Registered
17,575 Posts
11’s ain’t nothing to sneeze at bud. I’ve never ridden in anything that would run 11’s let alone own something that would.
Thanks Jason, it's a pretty good rush, from coming out of the hole and as the truck is pulling like a freight train down the whole track.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Most Known Unknown
29,348 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
Dragged the trailer 200 miles to prove the Duramax still could

2001 Sierra Cummins:
Started it
Turned the compressors on
Slammed the fuel shut off lever back
Turned the FASS off
Killed the main power
Grabbed the fire extinguisher
Put out the fire that had just started

The driver side compressor (three years old) lit up and burned the wire looms and neighboring wires under the truck, smoke everywhere, and flames..

And it never left the trailer, and never got into the car show.

E639A519-BD13-47C5-95DB-A845D1FB354D.jpg

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,290 Posts
Amazed at how quickly the Junior Volunteer Firefighter launched into action!

Jumped into the smoke cloud bellowing out, Threw open doors and hatches reachin' for this and that, grabbed that bottle like a close familiar friend, slammed off the top and curtailed the issue in seconds.....that seemed like long minutes. :surprise:

Then I started noticing other extinguishers staged in various areas around the trucks, trailer, and golf cart.....and realized,
"This ain't his 1st Rodeo" USA;

I probably would've stop to read the directions on the extinguisher. :teehee

·
Most Known Unknown
29,348 Posts
Haha

I’m gong to order some more, now I’m getting paranoid! Gray truck should have one as wel!

Could you imagine if I didn’t have one, I’d be meeting the local PD and FD :)

Fuel lines were right there too :newly

6C66E2C5-E9B3-4227-8005-77B6BFAA7C91.jpg

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,290 Posts
There was a fire hose on the ground, 10' away.

I don't why, but this scene came to mind during it all...>:)

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Love that scene. The robot arm lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I just passed an '90s Mustang with California plates,
I think his GPS must have given him wrong directions

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Changed transfer case fluid. Seemed like it was fairly decent still. I hadn't done it yet and I've put 32k on it so far.

Used 3qt of Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w30. Did that with my LLY never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
With the weather get warmer here I noticed my trans getting hotter than usual. Outside temps was around 100f this weekend where I was at. Trans was running 221f with just 5 people in the truck. Check the fluid level today and at 163f the fluid was over the top of the hot marks on the dip stick. Definitely overfilled. Drained 1 quart out and got the fluid level to the middle of the hot band at 185f. Fluid color and smell was good and it was just changed in February.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I changed my fuel filter today for the first time (~ 13k mi). Then I ordered a replacement on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
So after looking into it, Australian law won't let you import a vehicle for parts.
Can only import parts if its substantially disassembled/uncomplete or half cut type scenario.
So I've started buying stuff I need, new mirrors, steering wheel on back order and new set of slotted rotors and pads

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sold my stock running boards and installed the new AMP steps! Installation went smooth. Wiring loom was perfectly cut for proper lengths. Boards & linkage were all bolt on application for my LMM. Had to drill one hole for passenger side wiring to come into cab. Looks taller but it's much easier to step into now! Love them! Helps show off my clean undercarriage! :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Installed an antenna "delete". Hopefully, my 5 a.m. talk radio will still come in. I can stream it over the wifi, but it's not as good lol. First world problems.

Looks much better, imo.

As usual, sorry for the rotate

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Fixed a small drip coming from the return line on my sump.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

43141 - 43160 of 44704 Posts