Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

43701 - 43720 of 44689 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Me personally I like the look of the red rotors, flashy colored shocks and aftermarket billet differential covers.
Much better looking than boring factory colors.
I can see that. I once rebuilt an engine and when it came time to start putting things back together I painted every part a different color, using up some of the partial cans of spray paint I had laying around. It was sort of a way to illustrate all of the various parts. It was for an old dump truck so it really didn't matter but I though it was fun.

I've not done that since. Different times, different applications, different sensibilities, different solutions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Somewhat disappointed in my truck lately. I supposedly have the trans tuning but the trans just feels "soft" especially compared to a buddies stock 16. In his truck you can put your foot into it and it goes. In mine you can put your foot in it but it just makes a bunch of noise and doesn't really speed up much. If we raced side by side I'd bet money that he would win. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Maybe the tuning isn't actually installed or something?

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Have you tried taking the TCM tuning out, putting it back to the stock TCM.
TCM tuning is not always what a person might expect.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,273 Posts
Worked on the flaps some more....not an easy task to get that State square.

OCD ftw. :howdy

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Finally installed my lift pump....sorda fuck. It’s under there just not pumping at the moment. Stopped at the local parts place this morning and bought 6’ of “1/2” diesel fuel hose”. Nice heavy duty, thick red rubber hose, Parker 7092. Came home and dove under the truck. Got the pump mounted, wired up, factory line loose and...noticed the new hose had “300psi max pressure” printed on it. I thought what the hell kind of fuel system runs 300lbs on a rubber line??'dunno; I googled Parker 7092 and it’s freakin AIR HOSE. Hooked the factory supply back up and went to return it. Told parts store guy he sold me air hose I needed FUEL hose...looks at me like I’m a huge dumbass and says “That is fuel hose”. I disagreed and showed him on Parker’s website where the spec page for the 7092 hose says, in plain black and white, do not use for oil or refined fuels. He said they sold that every day for fuel line and it was good hose. After a minute of back and forth I got my $9 back and left hoseless, because that’s the only “fuel hose” they have in 1/2 fuck. Living in a tiny hick town in the mountains has its perks but when you need a piece of hose at 5 o’clock on a Sunday your just shut out of luck fuck fuck

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,273 Posts
$1.50/ft is your clue.
Bio-fuel compatible bulk hose 1/2", $8+/ft. Although I did find some Aeroquip online recently for under $6/ft delivered.

Some have mentioned that Nappy stocks 1/2" fuel line, not sure on the bio-compatible thing on it though..... if you have a Nappy place close.

·
Registered
617 Posts
We do have a Napa, but they were already closed, and the guy that runs it is kind of a jerk so I usually go to the other store, and if they don’t have something....that’s it’s just two stores. Luckily I’ve got about a three hour drive tomorrow through coal mining country so between all the commercial truck/heavy equipment places I’ll pass tomorrow I will not be defeated! I’m 99.9% sure the place I got my exhaust pieces from (ya know for that old dump truck I bought haha) will have proper hose.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,273 Posts
I sourced some once from a Hyd Hose rebuild place....had it in stock.
So you might keep that in mind too, vs just an auto parts place.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Parts store guy said they’d sold that for years and promised me it would be fine. I’ve done bidness there for years and they’ve never done me wrong yet but I just didn’t want to risk it. Truth be told it’s probably the same damn hose as the 7094 fuel hose with a different number printed on it.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,273 Posts
Could be. I know the Aeroquip I referred to, also has 300psi on the outer.
But it's the inner layer that counts.

When it became evident years ago that the bio was decaying rubber lines of old (becoming soft and pliable/prone to collapse), the solution of the big two mfrs was to add more layers.

And that Aeroquip is some rigid stuff, won't fold/kink in a bend.
Some have mentioned recently that the Parker variant had a better bend radius/easier to curve.

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
I sourced some once from a Hyd Hose rebuild place....had it in stock.
So you might keep that in mind too, vs just an auto parts place.
That’s where I get mine from.

Kinda pricey but worth it. I think it’s actually better than the factory fass blue tubing.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Gave the ceramic coat a little spit shine and a lot of elbow grease

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have you tried taking the TCM tuning out, putting it back to the stock TCM.
TCM tuning is not always what a person might expect.
I haven’t yet. It’s an ez-lynk and I didn’t see anywhere to flash trans tuning specifically. If there’s supposed to be then I definitely got screwed. But I’ll take a look after work today and see if I can find it

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Installed my lift....

RC 3.5 lift.
Ready lift rear 2" blocks (in place of the RC 1.5" blocks)
Dmax store HD tie rod ends...

The RC 1.5" blocks and ubolts new are available for sale...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
drove mine to a muffler shop to arrange for an additional muffler.

The new exhaust system does have a muffler - of course, a "straight thru", but without the CAT & DPF, just a bit too much of a "drone". I am going to have TWO "straight thru's in series, in the hopes that gets it closer to the stock (lack of) exhaust noise.

You need a 30” resonator from FTE. That’s the only thing besides twins that will kill the drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Drove it to randy houser concert

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
@NHfireDmax that truck has a great stance. Also, dig the old school circular lights up front. I've had my fill of light bars

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Pulled it out of the shop and let it idle some.

Hitched it to the 12' deck over that I have had for 2 months. Plan on returning it tomorrow.

Moved the rig close to the house as I am lazy and don't enjoy the walk.

43701 - 43720 of 44689 Posts