Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44241 - 44260 of 44711 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Traded my lbz for this lml. New hubs axles brakes bushings etc. Took care of some rust and added some old man steps. I have had a lot of duramaxes and really enjoying this one. :) When it warms up she is getting a buff job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Used it to go get a Christmas present for the wee one

Attachments

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Traded my lbz for this lml. New hubs axles brakes bushings etc. Took care of some rust and added some old man steps. I have had a lot of duramaxes and really enjoying this one. :) When it warms up she is getting a buff job.
Very nice . I'm seeing quite a few posts on different forums and groups about people getting rid of their LBZ for an LML and regretting it... pretty sure that's not the case with you at least so far. I do love the interior of a loaded LBZ more than any other year truck I think, which is why I'll probably never get rid of mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Merry Christmas eve Duramaxers. I spent the day having lunch with pops while the wife worked (last day of the week for her) and also decided to swap out my FASS filters since I didn't have much else going on. Went smooth but I've gotta get better at my method, I must've spilled about a gallon or more of fuel . Luckily smart enough to use the catch pan. Went with Fleetguard this time instead of Baldwin. Not really sure why just wanted to try something new. Anyone ever run Fleetguard on their lift pumps? I was surprised that when I received them, right there in bold print says "made in Mexico". Guess I should of done some more research before buying.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
I’ve used FleetGuard for several years, decided to try Baldwin this last time.
For the AirDog the fuel filter is a true 5 micron, the Baldwin is a 10 micron.
The Fleet Guard WS is a screen only rated something like 45 micron where the Baldwin WS is part filter part screen rated 20 micron.
Specs are from FleetGuard and Baldwin.
Pretty much 6 of 1 half dozen of others on choices.

Click on Link below Read #28 & #31 for a much better way and less loss of fuel changing LP filters.
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-performance-parts-discussion/1003259-lift-pump-size-question-3.html

IMO in some cases “Made in Mexico” is better than “Made in China”.

“Merry Xmas”🎄

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I use a set of these, just pinch the feed line off and change the filter. Priming can sometimes make a mess though. Generally now though I thread the WS on and take the pliers off the feed, usually by the time I have the FF ready and threaded on the WS is full, so just leave the FF loose until it starts to run out of the top of it, then tighten it up. I have a sump, so it has a tendency to siphon the tank when you remove a filter.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,302 Posts
Meh...IDK.
Two $9 ball valves on each side.
Close 'em, remove filter, pour it's contents into the new filter, install, then repeat on the other filter.

Both new filters full of fuel, open ball valves, start truck.

No (hardly any) fuel split, no need to prime, no mess,
boogie on. :howdy

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
$18 saved, same outcome.
Pinching off the ⛽ fuel lines eventually overtime that could damage the fuel line.
I did this one ☝ time, I don’t care for the permanent crush/kink in my AD fuel line.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I figure by the time that becomes an issue the fuel line itself will probably be due to be changed anyways.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I’ve used FleetGuard for several years, decided to try Baldwin this last time.

For the AirDog the fuel filter is a true 5 micron, the Baldwin is a 10 micron.

The Fleet Guard WS is a screen only rated something like 45 micron where the Baldwin WS is part filter part screen rated 20 micron.

Specs are from FleetGuard and Baldwin.

Pretty much 6 of 1 half dozen of others on choices.

Click on Link below Read #28 & #31 for a much better way and less loss of fuel changing LP filters.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-performance-parts-discussion/1003259-lift-pump-size-question-3.html

IMO in some cases “Made in Mexico” is better than “Made in China”.

“Merry Xmas”
I'll have to recheck the micron ratings on them for FASS pumps but I remember them being about the same rating as the Baldwins I ran. Gotta research the screen thing though.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Code:
I figure by the time that becomes an issue the fuel line itself will probably be due to be changed anyways.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
First time doing that, new lines.
There not the typical rubber fuel lines.
With the front up at least 6” and around 1/4 tank with the fuel cap loose the fuel would have a pretty hard time syphoning up hill even with a sump.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
I'll have to recheck the micron ratings on them for FASS pumps but I remember them being about the same rating as the Baldwins I ran. Gotta research the screen thing though.

I don’t have a problem with the AD FleetGuard WS, just remember the FleetGuard fuel filter is a 5 micron vs 10 micron Baldwin.
Then having the Racor/3018 stock fuel filter being 4 micron.
I have enough FleetGuards for 3 more changes and one more change with Baldwin’s.
Always buying in multiples for a better price.
Baldwin WS being half filter half screen 20 micron.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Meh...IDK.

remove filter, pour it's contents into the new filter, install, then repeat on the other filter.
would this not be pouring sediment and possibly water into new filters ??
I always keep a small sealed container of clean fuel for the prime

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I don’t have a problem with the AD FleetGuard WS, just remember the FleetGuard fuel filter is a 5 micron vs 10 micron Baldwin.

Then having the Racor/3018 stock fuel filter being 4 micron.

I have enough FleetGuards for 3 more changes and one more change with Baldwin’s.

Always buying in multiples for a better price.

Baldwin WS being half filter half screen 20 micron.
After more research, I found that the FG WS I used filters 90% at 20 microns, and the FF being 97% at 5 microns, so not too bad either way. And yes I'm like you, I bought in bulk for cheaper prices and free shipping. Maybe I'll mix them up next time and use the FG FF with the Baldwin WS.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Brown Santa dropped these off today :grin2:

Wheels Round I was a F’in train wreck.
Wheels Round II went great. Ordered these from CustomOffsets.com Thursday night. Didn’t get an email, didn’t get an invoice, nuthin. I called yesterday and was told UPS was picking them up as we speak. Got a ship notice about 15 minutes later and here today.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
After more research, I found that the FG WS I used filters 90% at 20 microns, and the FF being 97% at 5 microns, so not too bad either way. And yes I'm like you, I bought in bulk for cheaper prices and free shipping. Maybe I'll mix them up next time and use the FG FF with the Baldwin WS.

I was considering mixing but felt bad about splitting up the twins 👯‍♂️

“Merry Christmas” 🎄 🎅

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,302 Posts
would this not be pouring sediment and possibly water into new filters ??
I always keep a small sealed container of clean fuel for the prime
I have a tertiary filter up front (with higher filtration specs than the 1st two) for backup. I always open the FWS drain valve to start, for water inspection.
And, fuel in the secondary filter has already ran thru the primary FWS, catching any of the big stuff.

44241 - 44260 of 44711 Posts