Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44461 - 44480 of 44710 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
I just love the fact that you have to be prepared with a fire extinguisher just to take a drive... that’s livin life on the edge!!
:rof

Oh yes!

I only did that because the extinguisher I had was used up and I’ve seen numerous custom trucks burn (weather sabotage or not) (Facebook = The Bagged Board) and the statements like “where was the fire extinguisher”, or “that’s what happens when your not prepared” always come out.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Washed the truck earlier today, and now its snowing again!!! Im so done with the snow, I just got it all out of my drive!

·
Premium Member
9,577 Posts
Drove the 01 to work today.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Put the 3 inch lift on that I had bought. Bad axle boot found so changed the axle. Added the new nitro shocks. Paid the truck off, I've had it since last summer couldnt get lower than 11% so figured No % was better.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Put the 3 inch lift on that I had bought. Bad axle boot found so changed the axle. Added the new nitro shocks. Paid the truck off, I've had it since last summer couldnt get lower than 11% so figured No % was better.
Looks good. So what's the plan for tires..?
Speaking of tires, got my new 33" Centennial dirt commander tires installed today.... pics to follow later or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Pics of the new 33x12.5x20 Centennial dirt commander tires I got put on today. Pretty aggressive tread pattern like the Toyos. So far the ride is good and man do they grip. Stock height, no leveling kit or blocks and they only rub at full turn when the suspension is flexed like on a hill or in a ditch.
BTW what is this crap with not being able to upload more than one pic with Tapatalk?? Its always about money these days.... SMH

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
Filled the fuel tank and added some Opti-Lube summer blend

F3E1CC63-C23F-4675-BAB0-DA71E1469441.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Pics of the new 33x12.5x20 Centennial dirt commander tires I got put on today. Pretty aggressive tread pattern like the Toyos. So far the ride is good and man do they grip. Stock height, no leveling kit or blocks and they only rub at full turn when the suspension is flexed like on a hill or in a ditch.
BTW what is this crap with not being able to upload more than one pic with Tapatalk?? Its always about money these days.... SMH

Yay! Not black wheels!! They look good.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Washed the truck earlier today, and now its snowing again!!! Im so done with the snow, I just got it all out of my drive!
Snow. Heh. Fixin' to be 70's and 80 for the next 4 days, a cold front then 70's by next Saturday. Central Texas woes.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Had my buddy align the front end today was awesome to see how the computerized stuff works today from back to front. Tires looking to go back to Goodyear Duratracs, they are super in snow. Think I'll go up to 285's in 16's on the chevy and Keeping stock wheels. I have 315's on my 2000 Super Duty just awesome tires wear good and for snow I never been stuck.

Love the chrome wheels! I have a extra set of Chevy stock wheels that someone painted BLACK!! I may use these and buy just a winter set of tires and put studs in them. I pay 12.00 a year to a place here that stores my winter tires anyway, they do a awesome job on free rotations and balancing as well, as long as they did the mounting and balancing.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Yay! Not black wheels!! They look good.

Thank you! Yeah I don't care for black wheels on a black truck. Chrome is a pain to keep clean and keep from pitting though.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Put a few miles on it. Drove up to Amelia Island on Friday and picked up a new Yamaha U Max golf cart. Stayed overnight and trailered it home today.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Drove over to Boise today to eat Lunch and grocery shop got 15MPG even pushing 85 most of the time. Best find of the week also found a Aluminum ladder "Werner" 12 footer in the median. Wife about had a heart attack when I slammed on the brakes and slid into the median to get it!

·
Registered
17,583 Posts
Still waiting on my Viking dual adjustable race shocks to show up. They said by end of day today. Isn't looking good.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
R&R my fuel injectors, water pump and both batteries. Replace old injectors with SAC 00 from Lincoln Diesel Specialties as I live in California . Replace the water pump with a DmaxStore water pump. Truck runs great..... Maybe a turbo upgrade in a couple months...…….

A shout out Brent at Lincoln Diesel Specialties for all his help...….

Bearwolf50

·
Registered
326 Posts
Greased everything and finally put rubber caps on all the zerks and brake fittings. Highly recommended!, came in a 25 PK from amazon and snap on perfectly. No more cleaning the zerks every time.

Attachments

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
44461 - 44480 of 44710 Posts