Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44601 - 44620 of 44698 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
It just didn't feel right garaging it like that for 3 weeks.
Will be interesting to see the repair cost, parts are going to be very expensive
PDR
Paintless Dent Repair.....one afternoon and it's all done. (y)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just got done installing dual viair 444c compressors and 5 gallon tank. Switches and solenoids to control bag pressure. Switch and solenoid for tank water drain. Installed air Chuck quick disconnect hook up for tires and what not. Also installed horn blasters shocker series horns and tied them into the steering wheel control so I can switch between stock horn (locking the truck) and air horns for GET OUT OF THE WAY! hahaha these are fun!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
PDR
Paintless Dent Repair.....one afternoon and it's all done. (y)
It's smashed the headlight, cracked the bumper top and the paint is all split on the guard. The flare is damaged too

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
Running bobtail, decided to run in stretch Limo mode;
Seat stretched waaay back, full arm's length to wheel, mirrors kicked back, rear cabin shades up, Redneck Gangsta Lean....truck felt 3' longer. :cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Out with the old. Had not driven the LLY for a couple months - been in the LML. (Son drives the LLY now.) Got in to go pick up a new dishwasher a couple weeks ago, and could not believe the travel in the brake pedal. It stopped fine - in fact would still put an unknowing passenger into the windshield, but the pedal travel worried me. She has 380k on her now - figured maybe time to replace the master. I hate brake fluid - what is does to other surfaces, how it feels on hands. Really an easy change - bench bleed, install, yada yada. Bled all 4 corners good - actually amazed at the air - both fronts had some really aerated fluid - not bubbles - picture a really fine soda bubble. After all and a test ride, she stops just fine. Pedal doesn't match my 16, but son says night n day. Funny how you get used to something like a sinking pedal.

Real question for you guys is about brake bleeders. My rear calipers were changed two years age when I changed all the brake lines - sheared off bleeders in calipers - both. I remember pulling new bleeders and applying anti seize (I think!). Well after soaking in some Kroil, was able to free them with 1/4" impact - thankfully. Does anyone have some insight on some stainless bleeders? Part numbers, thread, pitch - anything has to be better than this stock BS.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
So finally heard something back and the shop states my ECM is bad. Where do most go for online vendors for ECM's?? New search function seems to only pull up super old results no matter what I change for advanced search.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
So finally heard something back and the shop states my ECM is bad. Where do most go for online vendors for ECM's?? New search function seems to only pull up super old results no matter what I change for advanced search.
Maybe try Rockauto. I'd hate to pay the price for one at a dealership but that may be the easiest route since it'll have to be programmed anyway..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
Washed it.
Was gray....now it's white ag'in. 👀 👀 👀

·
Registered
326 Posts
Maybe try Rockauto. I'd hate to pay the price for one at a dealership but that may be the easiest route since it'll have to be programmed anyway..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ended up ordering one from Garrett Tuning. Hopefully this fixes my no start issue now

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I need to wash it. Lately it has just been getting out once in a blue moon to strech the legs. May have to give it a quick bath and 80mph blow dry on Friday.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Fixed the plastic since it was messed up and caught my pants everytime I got out.

Attachments

44601 - 44620 of 44698 Posts