Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44621 - 44640 of 44710 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Dealership for recalls, regen, block heater, rear defrost....

Spoke to service manager and dsl tech, if the had an issue w warranty work w a Derringer installed. They said no... I removed mine prior to visit just in case. Now I know for future appointments.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I tried, not sure why I bothered. Went from gray to white and then to yellow with all the pollen, spring is here in NC.
Yep, now that it has not rained in 3 days, I am getting a dusting of pollen now in Alabama. It makes mowing for a living a little sneezy.
I highly recommend the Wolf Snout dust mask. Mine is worn almost daily. Washable when it gets too funky. Not too hot. Stays below your glasses so it does not hinder eye protection or fog glasses.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Not what I did to it, but what it did for me. Gave me about 17mpg while pulling my buddies jeep on a double axle trailer. Went down to about 10mpg while pulling the mountain pass but once I got over it it came right back up. Kept it in trailer mode as well.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Have had Service StabiliTrak on the DIC for over a year or so & finally got around to looking into it. Steering wheel position sensor replaced.

Got a front end alignment done & fuel filter replaced.

·
Premium Member
9,577 Posts
Last weekend - Made a trip to Conyers, GA with youngest son and he picked up a 2018 GMC 3500 dually LP5 with 7,200 miles on it, nice truck. He got it for $52,700, was still titled in dealerships name out of Flint, Michigan and carries the remaining manufacturers warranty. Had the original price sticker with it at over $86,000, unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
9,577 Posts
Son ordered new pittman arm, idler arm with bracket and complete tie rods from Super Steer for the 2011 and got them installed, this is some heavy duty stuff we'll see how it holds up. Now off for an alignment.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Drove to Columbus last night to catch up with some truck owners at the Texas Roadhouse, was a good time 🚛

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Was nice meeting you Hayden.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,495 Posts
Drove to Columbus last night to catch up with some truck owners at the Texas Roadhouse, was a good time
Appreciated you making the drive down from Cleveland! Good to finally meet you in person, even though it feels like I’ve known you for quite some time already. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Guess I better post the shenanigans I started last Thursday. Been suspecting head gaskets being bad for the last month or so, with pressure in the coolant system overnight. Well last Thursday I tore into it, had heads off in about 10hrs. Then friday and saturday I put it all back together. I had roughly 35hrs into the project. Got the kit from LDS with arp 425s(2000s) and standard mahle grade c gaskets. I just cleaned up the surfaces on the heads and block and put it back together.

So far everything seems to be perfect. Had a bad blue haze for a couple days, some pcv vapor(no pressure just vapor), and a couple fuel leaks to fix quick. Also had to replace the radiator, somewhere along the way I put a hole in it, of course it was high enough I had 3 gallon of dex cool put back in before it started leaking. Luckily an o'Reilly's in a neighboring town had one instock, and was surprisingly only $201.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Replaced both batteries. Was hoping the truck would be sold or traded in before I had to replace them but it couldn't wait any longer. Decided to keep it anyways so we could put up a new building and leanto .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Swapped in a new upper control arm on the passenger side as the old one had both bushings shot and the ball joint a couple of days ago, and then got the alignment done today. Will be replacing the bushing and ball joint in the old UCA and keep it for a spare as the stock arms arm more stout than the aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Got code,P0467 Purge Flow Sensor,reset it .Is it a fluke or most likely to come back?
Had a full tank and showed empty till showed full after 150 miles.
i think my aux tank siphons into main tank while driving .

44621 - 44640 of 44710 Posts