Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44641 - 44660 of 44710 Posts

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Last week I cleaned and oiled my s&b filter, flushed the hydroboost, and flushed the brakes.

Yesterday I replaced the cabin filter. The new 2 piece filters (Ac Delco) gave me a hard time and are not fitting right. They are too flimsy and fragile. So I ended up buying the retrofit kit with one piece filter.

·
Premium Member
9,577 Posts
Thursday, took the 2018 to the dealership for some updates,tire rotation, oil change (free of charge) and spare key and key fob that didn't come with it. Took the 2011 in for an alignment after installing all the super steer steering parts and finding someplace that could do it also had a tire rotation done.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Forgot to post this - Monday my son and I finished wiring up and leveling the Boost tow mirrors. Also wired up his footwell lights. Kind of makes me want to put on a linen suit over a tee shirt and go out after watching Miami Vice.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Changed the air filter.

·
Registered
482 Posts

Worked my trucks yesterday.got a bunch of red oak.
Brought it up to my buddy's wood yard in Pelham NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts

Then had some fun on some old roads thru the woods of Pelham.

·
Registered
482 Posts

Glad I put a strong front end on my truck.lol

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Doing my part to stimulate the economy and practice social distancing. Ordered Rek Gen 'Merica rear mud flaps and Banks rear diff. cover online for the Big D.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Mornin' boys! Here's to another prosperous week!

·
Registered
174 Posts
New UCA bushings and ball joints. Three hours of my labor and @$60 in parts. I will take it to get an alignment later this week.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Thursday, took the 2018 to the dealership for some updates,tire rotation, oil change (free of charge) and spare key and key fob that didn't come with it. Took the 2011 in for an alignment after installing all the super steer steering parts and finding someplace that could do it also had a tire rotation done.
What kind of updates on the 2018? Reason I ask is because I have a buddy with a 2019 and he's been hearing a ticking noise that his LML didn't make, and says others he knows with an L5P don't make that sound either. Dealer says its normal and "could" be the oil pump... we aren't buying that excuse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,577 Posts
Just got the truck a couple weeks ago and had them check for updates which were, block heater, regeneration frequency and injection frequency. Didn't notice any difference in sound but hasn't been drove very much either.

·
Registered
770 Posts
My 17 made a funny ticking noise. I think it was the SCR - DEF fluid injector. Sounded like it was on the back of the motor.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Ordered leveling keys for my LBZ. I've always had lifted trucks in the past and this is the first one I've kept stock height but I do not like the rake where the front sits about 1.5 or 2 inches lower than the rear. The driver side torsion bar adjuster bolt is already maxed out so I can't lift it any further without keys. Hopefully it'll get here by Friday so I can slap it on this weekend. And yes I know I'll need an alignment afterwards lol.

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Ordered leveling keys for my LBZ. I've always had lifted trucks in the past and this is the first one I've kept stock height but I do not like the rake where the front sits about 1.5 or 2 inches lower than the rear. The driver side torsion bar adjuster bolt is already maxed out so I can't lift it any further without keys. Hopefully it'll get here by Friday so I can slap it on this weekend. And yes I know I'll need an alignment afterwards lol.

How are you CV angles gonna be with the leveling keys?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
How are you CV angles gonna be with the leveling keys?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Not too sure yet. I don't plan to max out the keys, just enough to get level with the rear. The angles look great right now lol.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Changed the engine oil.

44641 - 44660 of 44710 Posts